Spartans Home

Space Engineers General

Zeno~SPARTA~

Earth to Custard!!!

Mr Hunter has kindly offered to set up a server for us on his spare pc. I have not been able to get senior bumweasel to get us a copy of the game on his server, but to be fair I believe he has an offsite hardware problem, which prevent data access until it is resolved. Are you ok with setting up a new world if so can you tell J which one to use and give him the parameters, I am crap at setting up new worlds so this is something you and Cent will need to do, I will provide the unskilled labour!

To be fair I believe it is not easy taking a private save and putting it on a dedi server or vis versa (if possible at all as users cannot make a save whilst on a dedi server)

All my ships and I one world (Bigger Holes 008) is already on the Workshop and visible to friends, the world is what I had started before we lost access to the server I stopped working on it when I started getting the memory leak problems unfortunately it's nowhere near as advanced as the save on Luggages server but it may be a starting point if this is possible

If you want to start from scratch I could provide the server settings as they appear in the dedi server tool that we were using

Star System

I have a memory leak with every save I try, it does kinda suk :(

Starting from scratch doesn't bother me, I will post up the server settings tomorrow

Earth to Custard!!!

Mr Hunter has kindly offered to set up a server for us on his spare pc. I have not been able to get senior bumweasel to get us a copy of the game on his server, but to be fair I believe he has an offsite hardware problem, which prevent data access until it is resolved. Are you ok with setting up a new world if so can you tell J which one to use and give him the parameters, I am crap at setting up new worlds so this is something you and Cent will need to do, I will provide the unskilled labour!

I may have spoke too soon on this idea. Uncle Sam is sending me for another extended, all expenses paid vacation to the middle east here in the very close approaching future. I thought I had more time but our timeline got pushed up this week. :poster_oops:

I may have spoke too soon on this idea. Uncle Sam is sending me for another extended, all expenses paid vacation to the middle east here in the very close approaching future. I thought I had more time but our timeline got pushed up this week. :poster_oops:

It's the thought that counts mate thanks :cheers:

Am I reading this right an 8 slot server is €8.69 a month

https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/space_engineers.php.

Would there be a way to password the server?

Ouch £6.13 in old money wtf about the exchange rate post brexit vote :MSNCRY:

Must be a way to tie in to friends on Steam or Steam group only, I have never seen a pw option on the dedi server tool you get with SE

I went down another path. I have a second steam account. I have purchased Space Engineers on that account. I have sent a couple of invites. I have started a new survival save, I used earth easy but destroyed the medical room of that base. I have not advanced very much using just the Lander, but it is in a lake and I have already found resources nearby.

Space engineers is downloading when its finished I will move this save onto that account. Then I will try to run it 24 hours a day with daily resets, until we get bored.

Its been working ok, After 3 or 4 hours the game uses all the RAM (12gb) and starts running very slow, but I can just restart it (it is in another building not too far though). We have made some progress. I managed to land on a lake with a lot of resources, including Uranium. The Temporay Base operates mostly using 6 solar panels and 4 batteries, with a small reactor taking up the slack. Cent has built a miner and made a start on the mountain lair.

Temp%20Base%201_zpscrcrh0f9.jpg

Temp%20Base%202_zpsjfvyzaxe.jpg

Temp%20Base%203_zpsdevez9vk.jpg

Temp%20Base%204_zps1hdeakua.jpg

Does this mean you are waiting for them to fix the mem leak before playing?

No, I will be on ts and the server this week (and very possibly Naval Action)