Spartans Home

why roadrage is always a bad idea.....

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Hello all,

The vid below is still being sorted out by the police as I post this. The motorcycle never stopped and is in trouble for leaving the scene, but I think this car driver is in deep shit.

Although the car driver would like everyone to believe that the motorcycle caused all of this. Yes he did kick the car... but that is not something that would endanger the occupants of the car.

Swerving a 3000 pound car at a guy on a motorcycle is lethal force.... that is assault with intent to cause serious injury or death.... and he almost put the bike in the wall.

If the car driver would like us to believe that the guy kicking the car startled them into losing control... again... no dice. IF that is what happened... he would have swerved away from the unexpected

bang... but no... he swerved in retaliation to that kick at the bike.... it is pretty obvious.

I think... this driver will end up doing jail time.... or at least some extended anger management...

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

I agree Cylawyer.

1)I am willing to bet that car crossed those two double yellow lines to get in that commuter lane. In the process of doing that, he almost took out the bike.... pissing off the rider.

2)The motorcycle rider did kick at the car. This I think would be a misdemeanor property damage at most.... a slight dent and perhaps some scratched paint. The motorcycle rider should not have done that... but he did. It is frustrating to almost get killed by drivers breaking the law and/or not paying attention.

3)The car swerves at the motorcycle, makes contact with the rider's leg and the motorcycle. He realizes he has swerved too hard at the wall so he swerves back the other way... now inertia takes over, because he just asked the car to do something it cannot do with the traction available.

4)Because of the car driver swerving at the motorcycle, and then away from it, he lost control hit the wall and flipped that poor unsuspecting escalade on it's roof.

5)The motorcycle... dodged parts of the car, then dodged the upside down pickup... and continued on.... he should have stopped but did not.

When I review those main events.... the car driver is the one a judge will throw the book at. He lost his temper... and attacked the motorcycle with what would be considered a high potential lethal force. So I believe that would considered "Assault with a deadly weapon" (the car). His attack caused him to lose control of his weapon... He almost killed the motorcycle rider and could have killed the occupants of the pickup after plowing into them and flipping them over.

The motorcycle rider would get slapped on the hands and fined... except him leaving the scene of an accident will now cause him more difficulty now.

Lot's of comments on Youtube which I am unwilling to go to the effort to verify. "I" can't be sure what happened before the video started. Lots of people say it was a back and forth. All the video shows is a bike in the blind spot of a car in an HOV lane who kicks the car. I don't see the head of the driver ever turn to see where the bike is, but I do see it wobble as the car jerks in reaction. He could have been looking at the bike in the sideview mirror, but would have had to adjust the sideview out of a normal position to view that spot (I do that sometimes to get a view of the normally blind area). Anyway, the comments on the youtube seem to say there was more info as you stated Zath, I am just too lazy to look it up to verify. Did you? I'll take your word for it if so. Just going on the video though, I could see a driver being startled and jerking the wheel in reaction. I could even see that reaction to the kick if there had been an ongoing issue, but he didn't see where the bike was at the time. Anyway, we do agree on the whole thing being stupid ass shit.

The only thing I have not been able to verify is #1 in my last comment. I do not know for sure what led up to the motorcycle rider being pissed off. But I think most of us have seen what pisses off motorcycle riders... typically the car they are angry at just nearly killed or hurt them. I will not defend the motorcycle rider on that. It is best... to just give inattentive dangerous drivers a wide berth....

The rest of it is on camera. The car obviously swerves at the bike. If the rider kicking his car had startled him... he would have swerved away from the bang.

But he did not swerve away... he swerved at the bike.

He made contact with the bike and the rider's leg.

the car then realized the divider wall was coming too quickly so they swerved back away from it... this threw the car out of control... and we see the aftermath of that.

In all cases I have seen through the years, when you accelerate a car at people or people on bikes, motorcycles, etc. in any manner is considered by law to be "Assault or at least attempted assault with a deadly weapon". They always define the car as a weapon once it is used in that manner.

Looks very much to me like the car driver did the swerve into the bike on purpose. I cannot imagine a scenario that I would feel or hear a bump to my vehicle and not turn away from it to do so I think is unnatural.

The bike rider is still a cock but the car driver deserves locking up.