Spartans Home

GEEZ!!!.....

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Ok you in Germany cruising down the Autobahn at 243 kph (150mph) on a super bike.

Suddenly... a car going half that speed decides to take the bike's lane... all I can say is the braking abilities of this bike are very good.

I am amazed he kept this bike off the back of this car. I am quite certain he had to change his pants when he got home.

This is a very good example of how poor driving attention by automobile drivers kills many motorcycle riders.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

well.. this is the Autobahn... I am fairly certain the car that entered that speed lane violated a minimum speed law for that lane.

Granted... one has to remain vigilant.

The controlled extreme braking this rider demonstrated shows he is skilled and had anticipated this could happen so he was ready.

On any standard road or highway I would agree with you guys in that the speed difference would be stupid... but you are supposed to expect that speed difference on the Autobahn.

Speed limit is very different in Germany compared to our countries Halli even if the bike was going to fast the car driver did not look hard enough two wrongs do not make a right

I see this crap every day coming out of London in the morning heading West on the M4 ppl enter the motorway move over all lanes within a few hundred yards and then half a mile later move over all lanes to exit motorway these dickheads are clueless

I told my children when driving consider other drivers don't maneuver if you are going to make another driver alter speed or direction if you make a maneuver that makes a driver alter speed and direction you are off my Christmas card list

German autobahns are not what they used to be, and many drivers still dont anticipate on that. When we drive to Southern Germany, 80% used to be free speed... now its 40% at most, but still many people dont give an .. and drive like mad.

Funny thing is, the worst are Dutch drivers trying to take the max out whilst driving home from holiday, pushing the limit on the last stretch of Autobahn. Many accidents are caused by people not familiar to that speed with whining kids in the car.....