Spartans Home

So... your being audited by the IRS?

Hello,

As many of you know, a very common scam occurring in the USA right now is getting a call indicating the IRS has issued an arrest warrant on you because you owe back taxes.

Some fall victim to this... unfortunately... but others just have fun with it....

enjoy

They even can automate this now. It's called The Jolly Roger phone. Its sole purpose is to waste the time of telemarketers as long as it possibly can.

This is a bot, not an actual person talking to the telemarketer. It is fantastic.

ya i had this scam happen to me i blocked the call and they use another number or a private number id like to personally find these people and kick there asses another scam is they are asking you if you have a hearing problem when you reply to them the person ask are you sure and i tell him my hearing is fine then they hang up and call back under a private number after being blocked.

One thing I have done that seems to stop some of them cold.

When I pick up, I wait until the computer starts talking... as it starts it's little dictation to me, I begin pressing the star key (*) until the computer hangs up... many times it will stop talking and hang up when about the 5th star is pressed.

In addition, people do not realize that the number their phone is showing them is not what has called them, that is computer generated, they can change numbers continuously.

blocking the number shown does NOT block the computer calling you.

But... this star key does seem to really screw up some systems to the point it does not call back usually for at least a month. If I just hang up, the calls come again over and over.

I think in some systems, the star key is still a default "stop" key. It essentially just stops, dumps the number it just called (mine) as a garbage number.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~