Spartans Home

Prey. Go play it.

MH6~SPARTA~

Prey came out 4 days ago. I knew next to nothing about it going in, it was an impulse by going purely by screenshots.

Do yourself a favor and play it. If you liked Half Life 2, or BioShock, or Dishonored, or Portal, or any of those style of immersive storyline games, you will love Prey.

Definitely my favorite game of 2017 thus far. Haven't enjoyed a game this much since Witcher 3. I've been playing it non-stop all weekend, and will probably *replay* it a second time with a different skillset. If you know me at all, I can give no game higher praise than that.

I don't want to reveal too much because I think experiencing it first-hand is best, but I will say it is a sci-fi esque game that takes place in a space station. And while it can have jump scares occasionally, it is not a "do everything to scare the player" horror game like Dead Space or others.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/480490/Prey/

Note: You will probably need a decent gaming rig to play it.

It seems to be single player only, is that right?

Yes. It is a single-player immersive storyline game similar to Half-Life/Bioshock/Dishonored/etc. I wouldn't call it an RPG or anything cause there is no experience gain or some such.

As soon as I saw someone call it System 2 Shock - the spiritual successor, I was sold. I put it on my wishlist and will get it once I have finished Wildlands!

I never played System Shock 2 but I have heard multiple people compare Prey to that game. So I imagine you won't be disappointed.