Spartans Home

Ghost Recon® Wildlands Open Beta February 23rd to 27th

UBISOFT® ANNOUNCES TOM CLANCY’S GHOST RECON® WILDLANDS OPEN BETA, COMING FEBRUARY 23-27

GATHER YOUR SQUAD OF UP TO 4 PLAYERS AND START THE FIGHT FOR THE WILDLANDS

OPEN BETA TRAILER: DOWNLOAD HERE +

London, UK — February 16th, 2017 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands Open Beta will be available to all players from February 23rd to 27th, 2017, on current-gen consoles and PC. Players eager to jump into the Ghost’s boots and tame the Wildlands will be able to pre-load the Open Beta starting this Monday, February 20th, 2017.

Each player entering this Open Beta will get access to an exclusive mission – the “Unidad Conspiracy” mission, in which players will spark a war between the Unidad, a local corrupt militia group, and the Santa Blanca cartel – by playing the full game before March 31st, using the same Ubisoft account.

The Open Beta will introduce players to two provinces among the 21 of the final game: Itacua, a flourishing and mountainous province where the grip of the cartel is looser, ideal to perfect your sniping skills and get introduced to the Wildlands. Montuyoc, set in the snowy Altiplano, and the second province available in this Open Beta, is much more challenging – players who have suppressed the Itacua bosses will gain XP and skills boosts allowing them to face this dangerous area, home to Santa Blanca elite training centers. Players can of course confront Montuyoc right away… at their own risk.

As in the full game, all the content in the Open Beta will be playable with up to three friends on the same platform via four player co-op, or in single player. Players are free to utilise a large variety of vehicles, tactical equipment and weapons to get the job done.

Set in the largest action-adventure open world ever created by Ubisoft, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands takes place in Bolivia, a few years from now, as the country has been turned by the vicious Santa Blanca drug cartel into a narco-state. Players are tasked with eliminating the cartel by any means necessary. The massive and responsive open world encourages a variety of playstyles, allowing players the freedom to choose how they execute any and all missions.

The Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Specs and System Requirements have also been announced today, please visit Ubiblog to get the full details.

For more information about Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, please visit www.ghostrecon.com

i really enjoyed the closed beta and have been itching to play some more, i cant wait.

some vids that i liked NSFW because of language

[YT=ym3nuPQtW9o]

[YT=ey-hoc3k8xA]

[YT=vPVqcaP6cQ4]

you get a £10 discount for pre order on uplay for deluxe and gold version, plus you can get 20% off if u have 100 uplay club credits (the orange credits). still would prefer it on steam tho :*(

Edited by PANiC

Hey P,

I went on Shop on UPlay to take advantage of the 20% off if you have 100 uplay club credits and this hit me in the face, "Get 20% off the Uplay Shop. Exclude pre-purchase and new release products. Not combinable with any other offer." Is there a way around this? I'd like to get the 20% off.

crap Cy i didnt know that, it kinda suks, i wonder how old it has to be before you get the discount, sry for the bad info, edited post above

i guess play the beta first to see if u think its worth buying.

Edited by PANiC

This may be true but if played in a tactical manner it can be fun

I myself admit I mostly ran and flew to every mission but could see where co-op could be great for a while.

I'm ready for it as there is nothing else for me beyond ships and that is a money pit!

I enjoyed it, but found I played progressively faster as time went by, and got more and more casual. I liked the look of it. It will clearly be a platform for UBI mission DLC's, I enjoy that mission makers built stuff for games especially ARMA.

Wishlist

Third person is clunky at close quarters, but not so bad at other times. Still I wish it was first person.

Cant toggle the reticle view, I don't like having to hold the right mouse button.

All flight/driving models need to be improved, Helicopter flight model is especially bad.

Only four players, that must be a console limitation. But as it happens I like operating in small groups, but 6 to 8 would be better.

I think adding the ability to lean would go a long way to make CQB more enjoyable. As it stands now, you have to pretty much snipe from afar if you play on the hardest difficulty, because as soon as you pop out from the corner, aim down your sights, and try to kill an enemy, they've already killed you because you have to expose your entire body to them.

The gun play just doesn't feel fun to me I'm afraid. Maybe I will try it again in a few months after it has been patched a bit.