Spartans Home

Navarch - Crafting/Warehouse/Production/Trade

MH6~SPARTA~

So I've been working on a website to complement Naval Action because sailing for hours can be tedious without something to do. Massive overkill? Probably.

logo.png

http://navarch.us

Navarch is the main commander of a Spartan fleet. Thought that was fitting.

The fleet was commanded by navarchs, who were appointed for a strictly one-year term, and apparently could not be reappointed. The admirals were subordinated to the vice-admiral, called epistoleus. This position is seemingly independent of the one-year term clause, because it was used, in 405 B.C. to give Lysander command of the fleet after he was already an admiral for a year.

I've only leased the domain for a year since we probably will have moved on to other games by then--which just so happens to coincide with the one-year term of a navarch.

I've also written a listener program that will automatically track warehouse inventory, production buildings, port inventories, etc., to help discover market trends and keep track of items. If anyone is interested in running this program on their machine as well to ensure the warehouse inventory is always up to date and to improve our market trend numbers, I'd appreciate it. All it does is listen for HTTP packets from the Naval Action server--it is completely passive and not a bannable offense (or even detectable). The more people willing to run it, the more accurate inventory, prices, trends, etc. will be.

Crafting Orders

The biggest feature of this new website is the ability to create, assign, and manage crafting orders.

So for instance:

• Samurai places a new order for 75 Large Carriages
  • I assign this order to myself and begin constructing the 75 carriages.
  • The order screen will outline what resources and materials are needed to construct all 75 carriages, and can either check the clan warehouse inventory for the resources/materials or ignore the warehouse so I can make everything from scratch.
  • Once I am done I click "Complete Order" and Samurai then picks them up from the warehouse to use in whatever he is building.

This works on the honor system. I didn't want to make people sign up for an account, so please only mess with orders pertaining to yourself.

Here is an example of what resources would be needed with "Check Warehouse Inventory" enabled. The blue items are what I would have to craft myself, and anything green could be withdrawn from the Warehouse.

3ukyv1o.png

And here is the same order when ignoring the warehouse inventory and crafting everything from scratch:

o4LNGGp.png

This should make crafting a little less painful (especially for me, I can't stand trying to figure out what I need and what is missing, etc.). And we can more easily manage who is crafting what without stepping on each other's toes.

Production

Shows what buildings everyone has, where they are and what level they are currently. This information is automatically updated via my listener program.

Warehouse

Lists the current warehouse inventory in a searchable and sortable format, as well as the current deposited gold. Updated automatically when the warehouse is viewed via my listener program.

Market Trends

Analytics of the trade market over time. Not finished. Will allow you to select a resource to see its high/low/average price over time for both buying and selling to maximize your profits.

Ship Builder

Future (possible) feature. Works similar to Crafting Orders but specifically designed for ships, so the main shipbuilder can easily delegate out individual crafting tasks to other people and track total ship completion progress. For now, Crafting Orders can be used to manage ship construction.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you'd like any changes done.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff MH6, already placed an order for cordage and Oakum.

If you want an MC frigate, see the blueprint post...

Cordage and Oakum order completed. I can't make Mid Grade Notes so a higher level crafter will have to do those.

I haven't decided which ship I want to get yet, but I'll let you know if I decide to go with a Frigate

Will Production show everyone's production buildings or am I missing something.

Nice work, as usual.

It will automatically show production buildings for anyone running the listener program on their PC. Otherwise you can update the Google Spreadsheet with your building information and I will add those manually. I've gone ahead and already added everyone with information in the spreadsheet.

Very nice thanks Mr Legend

I will run the sniffer program if you send it to me :bowing:

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

Problem with the resources section it says Mayweather has a Copper mine in Pedro Cay, Pedro doesn't produce copper.

Problem with the resources section it says Mayweather has a Copper mine in Pedro Cay, Pedro doesn't produce copper.

I added Zeno's stuff manually and that's where he said it was :P

It's fixed now, changed to Carlisle

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated navarch.us to now support updating orders without completing them fully. This will allow someone to make the order partially and update it so someone else can finish it.

Now when you click Complete Order you can specify the quantity that you made (defaults to full order quantity). If the quantity is less than the full order quantity, it will update the order and reopen it. Otherwise the order will be completed and closed.

I've also added keyboard support to the quantity sliders. You can click the slider and then use the left and right arrow keys to move the quantity up/down slightly.

• Like 2

I've added the Trade Map feature to Navarch.

This page allows you to see a map of all the ports in the game, and filter ports based on whether or not they produce/consume a certain resource. Blue rings indicate that port produces the item, green indicates that port consumes it. Click the port to see how much it consumes/produces.

12RwAyK.png

Still needs some work, loading may be slow initially as it has to download a lot of map data. Will be adding a few more features to it later, such as listing buy/sell prices for the resource in question, factoring in both port prices and player prices.

• Like 2