Spartans Home

Indiaman

MH6~SPARTA~

So I broke down and bought one. A cool one million gold. Exceptional. Beauty of a ship. Waited till 1AM my time and started sailing to Port Morant. Quick, safe journey. Nothing could go wrong. Done it dozens of times.

Then this happened 5 minutes after I left Kingston.

BICaqt6.jpg

I mean really? I don't see a single damn pirate ever except one time sailing to Antonio during prime hours, and as soon as I buy an Indiaman Mr. Blackjack "Suspected Hacker" Morgan teleports out of the blue and tags me. I tried to flee, but he managed to land his bow chasers from across the ocean with perfect accuracy, so the timer never ran out. Then his ship randomly turned sideways (without changing its direction of travel), sped toward me, and I got disconnected. This has never happened to me in the 150 hours I've played Naval Action. Never once have I randomly disconnected. I reconnect and he's perpendicular to my stern, camping it.

He demasts me in no time flat--my masts are made of tissue paper apparently, not solid wood. I get boarded, I fend off his first attack but then he manages a second last second attack at 62 prep--I could have sworn you needed 65 for that. That one attack wins him the battle. Now my poor Indiaman has one less durability.

The good news is, being the maiden voyage, I was not carrying any goods at the time. Just my luck though I get attacked in less than 5 minutes. I don't know if its because I'm undercrewed or what, but nimble it ain't when it comes to open world sailing. Never seen a ship turn so slow. Also never seen a ship (his ship) sail so fast. Must have had motor strapped to the back.

Not sure what I'm going to do now. Maybe sail the Indiaman to my furthest outposts where I have yet to see another single living player. Maybe then it will be safe. Though I'm sure Mr. Blackjack Morgan will just pop into existence again. At least now I know how you win PVP engagements. Just shoot their masts, piece of cake. They're made of tissue paper after all.

The worst part is, I only bought the ship because I had 8000 cargo at Antonio (cause I didn't play yesterday) and didn't feel like making two trips...

Anyway, rant is done.

P.S. - If you ever see Blackjack Morgan, kill the bastard.

I don't know what 90% of this means, but I just want you to know I read it in my head with the full sarcastic anger that I'm quite certain you wrote it with.

I do apologize that your misfortune has entertained me this day.

P.S. - I continue contemplating getting this game, but I have just discovered World of Warships and I'm quite content with it at the moment.

Blackjack is now on the list

I have been jumped twice outside Port Royal both times saved by other British faction players including Slain

Was there another British player in the open world because there is a chance Blackjack was hiding in the end of battle screen and had a spy

I don't know what 90% of this means, but I just want you to know I read it in my head with the full sarcastic anger that I'm quite certain you wrote it with.

I do apologize that your misfortune has entertained me this day.

P.S. - I continue contemplating getting this game, but I have just discovered World of Warships and I'm quite content with it at the moment.

Having played WOWS since late Alpha (and as a SuperTester, I must say I prefer Naval Action. WOWS is fun, put after NA its is very arcady...

Blackjack is now on the list

I have been jumped twice outside Port Royal both times saved by other British faction players including Slain

Was there another British player in the open world because there is a chance Blackjack was hiding in the end of battle screen and had a spy

I don't recall seeing any British players nearby. I think his strategy is to wait for the wind to be directly west so he can approach Port Morant from the east at full speed. He then engages anything he sees, and afterward flees southward with the wind again. Some people tried to give chase when I exited the battle but could not catch him.

I decided to try another attempt at sailing the Indiaman tonight. Not a whole lot of people were playing and I had heard of no pirate sightings. Made it to Port Antonio and back with no trouble carrying 1.8 million in cargo. I won't feel so bad if I happen to lose the Indiaman now as it has already paid for itself. Once I can fully crew it, it will be even better.

It also just so happens they hotfixed the masts being papier-mâché last night. I guess I just sailed it 24 hours too early. :rolleyes:

I think I will buy myself a Trincomalee and set it up for PVP. It's time to return the favor to these pirates.

The Trinc heels heavy if you can get one with 'stiffness' and 'ballast' as an upgrade that may help if you can't remember to press 'T' if you think you about to be shot at

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/260462446228255440/38535D76E1255FAA8E06CF14A94C8AB5D3FE62B6/

One dead Spanish Rattle, I had help from MouseOfWar

Edit - oops wrong thread

Edited by custard~SPARTA~