Spartans Home

ACE for A3

Jeff~SPARTA~

Making a Scenario for practicing sniping, amongst other things, and am adding kit needed so you spawn with it plus custom ammo boxes with only the things you need to save the drudgery of sorting through a virtual ammo box.

I am only adding RHS mod weapons and weapons that come with the vanilla game (no DLC content) I can also add CUP mod weapons (content from old Arma games) but I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to weapons so if you want something specific available please let me know.

I have added the M110 from CUP but I do not know yet if this will work with ACE 3 Advanced Ballistics.

Great thanks, before I try with others I want to get the process down pat first cos I don't want to bore ppl to death, the how to video I watched was an hour long and as interesting as I found it most ppl will want the how do I get the one shot kill at 1000M and not much else which is entirely understandable.

Hopefully this will not take me too long.

M110 with standard ball ammo after setting true zero I hit the target with every round at 800M this is the max operating distance according to the range card in game.

There was zero wind so I didn't need the ballistic calculator.

Mods auto download and auto update if you use the Steam Workshop content.

My scenario I should have said choose one of the sniper roles you can get some rifles etc from the ammo box's by the sniping positions, use the middle mouse button to do things like toggling bullet track on and other good stuff.

The clever middle mouse thing is not my work.

Use ACE3 interaction to use range cards and some of the kit in your inventory.

Struggling to get the fancy ballistic computer to work properly but the range card info appears spot on.

Just tried that mission and walked to the coast from spawn (over 10 mins) didn't even get close to heavy breathing are you sure you are walking, I think at walk you can slowly recover from exhaustion but I may be wrong.

Default keys are

w=run

shift+w=sprint

y=walk

To be fair I didn't change any of my kit what were you carrying? Maybe I need to up my load and check again.

LOL just checked in the editor the ACE3 stamina module isn't on that's vanilla making you heavy breathing.

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

I had a go from the sniper position.

At this time I didnt use all the tools, just the rangefinder.

M110 800m no troubles.

I would change your popup targets for those in the scroll menu, you get a combination of a head and shoulders and a round traditional target, but best of all it leaves a dot indicating the position of your hit. This makes it much easier to correct. I was using a light patch on the steel as my aiming point before.

I watched the video you referred to, especially the mission. The target constantly moved to a static point where he remained for a little while each time. When he took the shot he was high of his aiming point but ended up with a lucky head shot. Still it was and 1100m shot so well done that man. I also laughed when they left the scene, they didnt go far before using a quad bike, because a ACE soldiers they couldnt exit on foot.

What gets me is the so called realism. I am not a sniper, so I am most likely talking out of my arse, but gunny Hancock would have shot an Arma sniper in the face while he/she was fishing in his/her bag for the fifteen components needed to make the shot.

I guess I am old fashioned and out of date,lol.

I am so dense the targets were actually the wrong way around I have turned them around and changed them to the accuracy type and reuploaded the mission.

Without a crosswind I don't need the tools to hit every time even to 1100 meters not sure I could with a crosswind.

In Arma is crosswind a constant all the way downrange?

Nope, I believe it's always changing you take a wind reading from your location and use your judgement on how it may change all the way to the target.

Lol we are all old, to 800-900 yards I think you would be right about skill over technology it's over this that the tech would have the advantage IMO. Isn't it all about the first shot has to count cos if somebody missed me I wouldn't be sat still waiting for the next one.

The CheyTac is whats in the vanilla Arma3.

I have to say, for whatever reason, I associate ACE and to a lesser extent Arma in general, with ball ache. Having said that I accidentally watched a couple of videos which may change my mind. The cup and RH mods you have had me download are great, vehicles and weapons from our era and Chernarus my favourite map that may finally work. But there is also the Unsung mod/s from the Vietnam era, there are the aircraft that go with that era, including the A6 Intruder. As you know the Intruder is carrier borne, so there is a Nimitz, with arrestor cables and catapults, she is static but he has a hangar deck and working elevators. You can even get the F14 to fly off of her. Finally there is a detailed model of the USS Iowa, I dont know if its 16" guns work but if they do I will be doing some coastal bombardment. It will probably be disappointing but I have to try it out.

I am having Steam Workshop issues just downloaded Lingor Island that we used to use (lightspeeds missions) and I want 3CBs BAF stuff I AM going to run out of room