Spartans Home

ACE for A3

Jeff~SPARTA~

Rusty, I am a pile of red dust. Still trying to work out the controls I was initially just going to try flying Helos with my joystick but it does look so much better than on release I may try some missions. If I find anything I will let you know thanks.

To use Ace 3 and RHS together some compatibility PBOs are needed they are available here from the Steam Workshop activate as a mod and forget about it no file messing around.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814811489

This is a list of ACE 3 features

https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/

Stamina is only a very small part of it. If I need to travel distance I shall not be running that's what cars/choppers are for.

Did you know Xeno is still supporting Domination.

You would have thought there would be tons of missions with both sets of mods on the Workshop but I haven't found anything half decent yet, to be fair spent most of my game time in the editor playing with stuff

Do my best for being on TS tonight

Pretty much just been watching vids of the Eden (3d) editor and it's staggering what has changed you can even create respawn/revive options inside the editor.

Custom loadouts are also so much easier and I am not sure the new Virtual Armoury box wouldn't work as a catchall to get all weapons for selected mods inside missions.

I dont need very much, an M110 with a decent scope, an M4 with an ACOG (or the red dot with flippable 3x magnification), some sort of anti tank rocket (light weight) if required. These are weapons I understand the performance of. Anyway I will give it another bash with you this weekend if you want to.

Thinking about it mate, I have found a scenario that is very well made is ACE but has vehicles but I haven't checked all the weapon types available

Just found the CUPS mod that puts in all the ARMA 2 content which will have what we want kit wise

I tried domination again today. I picked an EMR from the virtual ammo box. You may remember that last time we played I kept getting faded black panels on the screen and prompts to buy stuff. I think the EMR is payware that was put in the box as a promo to get you to buy it. I immediately quit the game.

I am looking in the Dom file and will try to remove the mods, he has Apex, marksman and helicopters. I would like to find current day mods and replace everything. So far I have only removed to mod choppers. I am going to take my time as this game is a black hole.

I know what you mean by black hole all I've done is watch youtube vids of the 3d editor and messed with it a little myself, I do have a short story line for a few missions worked out.

Question, do you have the map Tanoa or is that a bloody DLC as well?

Getting very frustrated with Arma3 and the mods atm because I am now getting an error after ACE3 has updated I really didn't want to have to arse about with different install methods I just wanted to use the Steam Workshop.

Confession time there is an element of user error

To make ACE3 work with RHS there is a set of three mods with compatibility files I had only had one :oops:

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

ZOMG sniping with ACE is a little complicated but soo much fun the Kestrel (anemometer on steroids) doesn't get a manual on their WIKI just a link download to the real world manufacturers PDF and use that as they are the same.