Spartans Home

Info

I figured you guys would be all on this one, Oh well I will look for myself

Haven't looked since I built my last machine so I am 9 months out of date bud.

heh... been out of town Athlon,

My personal preference is ASUS Maximus extreme motherboards.... they are rock solid and stable. RoG has an excellent customer service program far above the standard ASUS warranties/tech support.

I think most of the intel i7's are awesome.... and the i5's are really good... so it is whatever he prefers.

I have been having good luck with corsair gaming power supplies (not the builder series which is cheap and I have no data on them)

The corsair liquid cpu cooler closed loop systems seem to work really well and are worth the few dollars more over a high end air cooler.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

He wants the titan, 12 gig vid ram, the best i7 haswell cpu, 32gig corsair 3733 ram, I tb ssd mushkin, about $3500 worth of parts, he said he wants the best they got, allrighty then show me the money and I will build it. Ile even do pics for you guys to drool over if he wants it done. He said the best of the best in a intell platform.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

He wants the titan, 12 gig vid ram, the best i7 haswell cpu, 32gig corsair 3733 ram, I tb ssd mushkin, about $3500 worth of parts, he said he wants the best they got, allrighty then show me the money and I will build it. Ile even do pics for you guys to drool over if he wants it done. He said the best of the best in a intell platform.

Tell him to wait a few months days and get one of the new NVIDIA Pascal GTX 1080 cards.

The Titan is not worth the price in my opinion. You are paying twice the cost for a card that is only slightly better than a 980 Ti. The only noticeable difference is the RAM (6GB vs 12GB) and that only matters if you are running some obscene resolution. Unless he just wants to burn money for the sake of burning money.

Or if he wants to burn money and get something out of it, tell him to get a 980 Ti Hybrid, which is a self-contained water-cooled card (similar to the self-contained water-cooled CPUs like the Corsair H100 series). They also make a Titan X hybrid, though that will run you $1300 compared to the $680 of the 980 Ti. Then you can overclock it a bit and it will always run nice and cool (and quiet!)

Seriously though. If he can wait, he should wait for Pascal and the 1080 series. Hell the 1070 (a $450 card) is already showing itself to be faster than the Titan X or 980 Ti, and that's the budget high-end card. The 1080 will be faster still, and the 1080 Ti faster even still. They are slated for release this summer, with the Ti versions out a few months after that I'd imagine.

If I were in the market for a graphics card right now, I'd wait for the 1080. But that's just me.

So the 1080 is actually coming out on the 27th (2 days). Go with the GTX 1080.

Or he can wait and get the new Pascal Titan, or the 1080 Ti. But there is no word on when those are coming out, though its rumored to be sometime this year.

Source: GTX 1080 is faster than the Titan X at half the cost