Spartans Home

Star Citizen Wow

NoScream~SPARTA~

OMG the opening few minutes were AWESOME!

Glad to see this game is shaping up nicely, not had time to really dedicate to it so far. I can see me retiring and just losing myself in a game like this and turning into a basket case.

• 6 months later...

So if you missed the live stream - wow.

If you want to know whats been happening in the verse over the last 12 months watch it all - otherwise watch from 35-min mark. Unlike in previous shows where they have shown a tech demo of what features to expect, this is their current internal build for 3.0 (the next major planed update due by year end) which shows the mission manager, travel mechanics and cargo/loot transport.

Yes there is work to do, and yes they are well behind that initial 2 year release promise but oh man they have pushed it way beyond anything i could of hoped for in an open world space MMO!

please take a few minutes to watch.

Centy

Edited by Cent~SPARTA~

Well game development is an "engineering project. I have noticed that many people do not understand how "engineering project timelines" work.

As any engineer out there knows, the only thing fixed in an "engineering project timeline" is the actual order with which the project gets completed.

The time in an engineering timeline is always fluid.

The reason is, although we know we will run into problems that delay things, these are impossible to anticipate in most cases.

Therefore you create a timeline with your best time estimate. But the most important thing in the timeline is not the time, it is the order modules get designed, completed and integrated.

The more complicated the design project is equals more potential problems creating delays.

Star Citizen is a very complex design project. It is going to see delays.

But that is ok, as long as they stay focused on the actual project, ensuring things are going together correctly.

Therefore, as long as a project remains in sync with the actual project, the timeline itself does not concern me.

People who are upset about any kind of delays need to go take a chill pill and go learn how engineering projects work.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

Also, down the road, if folks want to come into SC but have no ship, I have room for crew members and am happy to take folks along as crew.

I have 3 ships to start in this game with.

1) Freelancer DUR (exploration) full crew = 2

Freelancer_dur_flight_visual.jpg

2)Redeemer (gunship) full crew = 5

Red1.jpg

3)Carrack (exploration) Full crew = 5

Carrack_Landed_Final_Gurmukh.png

So as you can see, with all 3 ships, I can accommodate 8 to 12 people fairly easily if needed.

while time zones, when people play, etc. will hamper this to some extent, we can work things out best we can if folks want to travel in some larger ships.

The Carrack at 123 meters in length is a capital class exploration ship, complete with a modular system that allows it to carry a medical facility, ship repair bay and of course the all important planet rover.

The Redeemer is my "enforcer" (although all three ships are heavily armed) and the Freelancer DUR is my scout.

So what I have put together is what I figure I need for a first class exploration operation which is something I enjoy doing in these games.

and wow! :o I am super glad I bought these ships long ago.... when the packages were significantly cheaper than they are now. I am unsure I would be willing to afford a Carrack or Redeemer today.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

If you want to fly you need to go into port Olisar - otherwise if you just want to look at ships in hangar, walk down onto the landing pad in the middle of the hangar floor - you should spot a small blue icon near the floor. approach this and open the menu - that will show you which ships are available to place on that spot. Its part of the new "item 2.0" they are adding.

I must say having played for most of three hours today it feels very smooth finaly with little lag of frame stutter. very happy with 2.5

Cylawyer and myself had great fun exploring Grim Hex and flying about. (Autoland was a little off with the Reliant though!!!) :)

See you in the Verse

• 7 months later...

Development for the rest of 2017 - a Video of pipeline and the chairman's letter giving some detail into the issues with releasing 3.0 Pretty firm date of June though for it now.

For any that are interested - 3.0 represents the final push for feature complete. they hope to have all three of the final updates 3.0 Large PU including 3 planetary bodies to land on and the first proper cargo release. 3.1 will handle mining and Bounty hunting and the 1st major populated planet for landing. 3.2 will bring the final mission givers such as SAR and the final 2 major planets in the Stanton system. The game will then be considered feature complete - the Stanton system will represent every aspect of the game mechanics - it will be a case of content roll out as apposed to feature/tech release.

Have a look.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15842-Letter-From-The-Chairman-The-Road-Ahead

Edited by Cent~SPARTA~

• 7 months later...