Spartans Home

Amazing looking... and scary

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Hello all,

This is imagery of a "super solar flare" recorded earlier this year. I think this is the largest solar flare ever recorded as far as I know from our sun.

If this solar flare had been pointed at us here on earth, we would likely lose a lot of satelites and most power grids would go off line at best case scenario.

In addition to completely losing a lot of satellites, it is likely a lot of electrical circuits here on the planet would fry. There is easily as much energy in a flare of this size as about 1 billion atomic bombs.

That is an enormous electromagnetic pulse. I seriously doubt it is possible to shield everything that is critical in our infrastructure from a pulse that strong.

Something like this could easily cause Communications, GPS, Internet, etc. to vanish for months or even years which would be a horrific disruption and likely would be catastophic

on many levels.

One this size might even damage a lot of circuits enough to render them inoperable in modern computerized vehicles.

For the most part, the only circuits designed with EMP shielding and pulse discharge circuitry are military.