Spartans Home

A very sweet updated classic muscle car

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Knew what it was before I opened the thread. It's an awesome ride, saw the video a couple weeks ago.

Props to him for choosing such an awesome car. :thumbsup:

If I had obscene amounts of money, I'd love to build a car like this. Along with a good ol' gas guzzling V8 version as well.

While it only has a range of 50 miles or so on a charge... it is hard to argue with 0 - 60mph in 1.9 seconds.... and 177mph in the quarter mile.

That is amazing acceleration.

As long as you already own a 1967 or 68 mustang.... you also can have a zombie 222 for only $125,000 :D

well yes, but the Transam was a much heavier car. Probably close to 1000 pounds heavier.

The reason he chose the mustangs of 1968 and 1967 is those were the lightest muscle cars of the era.

I would like to see this car built on perhaps a modern mustang or challenger chassis except for this version I would want an all aluminum body.

I think the modern Dodge challenger, with an all aluminum body, would provide him plenty of space and chassis weight to build his next

goal... the car that blows away all records... gas, electric or nitro.

The problem is, I haven't seen anyone with aluminum replacement panels for these cars .... yet. I am fairly certain they are on the way.

Yes you can get aluminum hoods, but I want aluminum hood, fenders, rear quarters...everything.

Yeah... I am not sure what type of battery packs he is using, but your correct... they would be huge to provide 1.1 megawatt hours.

I have checked his website, and they really do not talk much about the actual hardware.

They do say that the type and size of battery packs they use is custom to each build as it is dependent on the budget and capabilities desired.

Also... did anyone notice that the host of Translogic almost lost control of that mustang during his burnout?

He stopped controlling it briefly to talk as he thought it had stopped spinning the tires... but they were still burning ... he had to catch the car if you watch.

At least he is skilled enough he did catch it. This happened between 5.00 and 6.00 minutes in the vid

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~