Spartans Home

ever wonder who's fastest from the factory?

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Well... I have to say I really enjoyed this vid.

There is a lot of very well engineered HP in this video... and it is close.

What could be better than a pair of cars grudge racing for bragging rights? How about 10 super cars side by side drag racing for bragging rights??!

I think many of you will enjoy the mix they selected for this race.

Enjoy :bike:

initial acceleration of the Bentley??!!! Holy cow it was right with the vet till the last 1/32 of a mile.

That Bentley is impressive 3.5 seconds to 60mph..... it did the 1/4 mile in 11.6 seconds... The vette did the 1/4 in 11.4 seconds.

That Bentley is a rocket. That is old school USA style big heavy and super fast. :allgood:

oh no... nostalgia has struck!

My favorite old "Lead Sled" as we used to call them was this:

us_vehicles.471934.1.jpg

us_vehicles.471934.2.jpg

This is very similar (same body color but mine had a dark blue top)

1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale.

Mine had what they called the "Super duty tow package". But this package installed a larger radiator, a larger transmission cooler, the same Turbo 400 Transmission they used in the 1970 Chevelle SS 454, and an extremely powerful

Olds 455 Rocket V-8 engine. It was advertised as de-tuned down to 255hp by the introduction of the industry wide polution controls.

However... on this engine, you disconnected two vacuum lines. Plug one and attach the other to a plugged port on the intake. This removed the emissions controls completely.

Turn the lid upside down on the air cleaner. This provided a good seal on the filter but opened it up all the way around.

With those two small modifications (takes 5 minutes seriously) This car was scary fast... it released the beast in that 455.

From a standing stop... If I floored it, it lit the rear all the way through 1rst gear, it would bark the tires real hard when it hit 2nd gear.

It would stay in 2nd gear to 107 mph.... then shift to third and... well... they went really fast.

The thing I loved about it was it was a complete sleeper. Nobody pulling up next to it would expect a car that large to accelerate that fast.

I raced and beat Camaro's, Firebirds and corvettes of the 1973 through 1980 model years.

This reminds me of the Bentley..Another big 4 door sedan with the heart of a dragster.. too bad I cannot afford one... although the Bentley does have some trim that indicates it is fast.