Spartans Home

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Zeno~SPARTA~

I recently purchased Orbx England scenery. It upgrades the basic scenery in England. Here is a little scenic flight from London City Airport to some of the sights.

Here is the Milleniuim Dome, and in the distance the docklands financial district.

London%201_zps838fjwxp.jpg

Here we have the Shard on the left and the Gherkin on the right

London%202_zpsakwouo7z.jpg

As you continue west along the Thames we have the London Eye on the left and the houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the Embankment on the right.

London%203_zpsinssox5p.jpg

Here is St Paul's Cathedral, far too low.

London%205_zpsuqj1xx14.jpg

Chelsea bridge with Battersea Tate Modern Gallery in the distance on the right.

London%208_zpsi57c2jub.jpg

Buckingham palace

London%206_zpssxboatdm.jpg

And finally the Royal Albert Hall

London%207_zpsu3kixxxx.jpg

Still heading west. Yesterday I flew from Fernandina Fl. to Lakefront (KNEW) New Orleans, Today another early start from Lakefront to George Bush Intercontinental (KIAH), Houston Tx. My plane of choice November four niner five Lima Mike TBM 850.

New%20orleans%20dep_zpsac9lzng8.jpg

Need to figure out the next leg, trying to limit myself to 300 Nm.

Zeno may I ask is their a specific website you go to for these freeware addons?

On continuing west.... Careful crossing the southwest... hot thin air can change range and take off rolls.

I have several nice public and semi private airports in this area NW of Tucson... probably 2 or 3 you could land at between me and Phoenix.

Then ofc we have a larger but not huge "Tucson International Airport" which services all kinds of aircraft... and has Davis Motham AFB sitting next to it.

But surprisingly... the desert seems to just swallow small aircraft when they crash land... even when they know the general area it went down it can take weeks to locate it.

Sometimes people are lucky... but that is the exception rather than the rule in the desert.

Thats great.

Yesterday I flew to Dallas Fort Worth, it's a bit of a way to Tucson, so I will fly to El paso first, then Tucson Intl.

A lot of airports are nicely modelled in the US, but I dont fly around the US very much. so this is a nice opportunity to visit virtual america.

I have registered with FSeconomy

This is a free service that lets you rent planes all over the world and offers "jobs" flying passengers and materials for remuneration. What is cool about this is that it works across the major platforms (FSX, FSX SE, P3D, Xplane). It is a persistent world so the planes need servicing and fuelling.

What I like about it is that it gives more opportunity to fly to different locations and adds more purpose to the flights.

I left the Grand Canyon National Park (KGCN) and headed west to to Las Vegas McCarran Intl (KLAS). Not a long flight, but a good stopover to decide my next flight westward.

I am thinking of going NNE to Area 51, have a look for some alien ship testing, then over to China Lake for the night.

Las%20vegas%201_zpsp0x8ogsp.jpg

Las%20vegas%202_zpsn2vbqbjh.jpg

I flew form Las Vegas to Area 51, then China lake and landed at Edwards AFB. Funnily enough I was buzzed twice by twin bright lights, once leaving Las Vegas and once approaching Area 51, but I was too slow to get a screen capture.

Las%20vegas%203_zpstzgk73bi.jpg

edwards%202_zpsxhn0iqah.jpg

• 6 months later...

The VC10 is from Just Flight and has only recently been released and it has a nicely detailed flight deck. The controls are sluggish but I should be able to get used to it. Mys two attempts so far have resulted in impact rather than landing, but I should read the manual and learn the appropriate landing speed.

I also bought the Hawker HS748, a sweet old turbo prop also from Just Flight.

HS748%201_zpslp82xouc.jpg

HS748%202_zpsb6nchf7i.jpg

This lovely to fly and a bit easier than the VC10!!