Spartans Home

I'm baaack

Hunter~SPARTA~

Welcome home!

Ark: Survival Evolved has gained some attention. We have a server of our own.

GuildWars 2 has a hefty update coming.

Rocket League is new. I've played a bit and would like to get other interested as well.

Heros of the Storm has a few playing around here.

GTA V is still full of retards.

Anyway, tell the wife she has to share and come say hi.

hehe,

I have been playing a lot of Planetside 2 while I wait for Star Citizen.

Star Citizen I think is going to be very special. It appears it is going to be a single game, with every type of game play a person could ever want.

So... it is going to have flying, dog fighting, FPS ground fighting, merchant type activities and much more all rolled into a single game.

With the launch of the Space marines module (due out soon), full FPS action will now be in a space simulator.

You can even attach to and board enemy ships... or a ship you want to try and steal.

Fighting can occur in space, in planet atmospheres, on ships, bases or on the ground... They currently have a team working on the code that will make this artificial universe

expand on its own.... continuously... which is very cool.

Nobody has ever created a game like this, it will be interesting to see if CR can pull it off. I have confidence that if anyone can, he can make this game rock.

What little has been released as been surprisingly good considering it is still barely in alpha stage.

Check it out if you have not already! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

There are quite a few people that own ships already.... even though most of them are not flying in the game yet.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

Anyway, tell the wife she has to share and come say hi.

My headset broke before I left, still have yet to pick up a replacement. I'll see if I can find pants sometime this week and make a trip to Best Buy to get a new one.

Star Citizen I think is going to be very special. It appears it is going to be a single game, with every type of game play a person could ever want.

Check it out if you have not already! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

I bought into SC what seems like forever ago, now. I'll have to check out the progress they've made while I was gone. I agree if they manage to pull it off, it will be a superbly fascinating game... but at this point, it's still a big "if". I think they should have focused more on their initial efforts instead of letting feature creep overwhelm them.

oh CR has not allowed feature creep to alter the games progress.

He is following standard engineering project protocols.

Everything is separated into modules.

Flight modules (some are in place now) and the space marines module will be first in place.

But now they have 5 or 6 separate studios developing this game. Plus there are more studios under contract for various things.

Each studio is assigned a module or tasked with integrating modules.

When I went to the SC conference last october, I talked to CR and some others.

They said that actually their biggest task at the moment was rewriting everything into 64bit.

The cry engine is only 32 bit. It has never been made into 64 bit.

CR said in October they were currently rewriting approx. 32 million lines of code to accomplish that task.

Then as I mentioned, there is a small team of a few coders tasked with writing the "expansion code". That is the code that will make the universe continually expand itself on its own.

The big studio in England (run by CR's brother) is tasked with making sure all the modules work together within the game.