Spartans Home

Sunday Race (6/28/15) Nurburgring GP

Zeno~SPARTA~

Sunday race will be on the Nurburgring GP

15 Laps (30 minutes approx)

Car - BMW M1 Procar

Tyre wear 7x

Real Fuel consumption (roughly 3 liters a lap, but check for yourself)

Remember to leave enough fuel at the end of the race for the in lap (lap back to the pits). If the car runs out of fuel on that lap you will be disqualified.

In game race time will be 21:00, the track is illuminated and the cars have lights, it won't be too dark. However the time of day will affect your tyre temps.

You will have to pit for tyres but its your choice on the fuel. I havent finalised my own strategy yet but will post it once I have.

gg great race tonight!

turns out i managed to map the ABS function to my push-to-talk button so handling was interesting!! :D haha well done everyone else

Edited by PANiC

It was a good race and I was happy to get a podium finish. This is one of the tracks where I struggle to put down consistent lap times. I am still not sure about the tyre wear, we are not getting the same distance out of the tyres, could the simulation really be that good that its affected by different driving styles?.

i recon there would be a bigger effect from driving style if everyone had the driving aids turned off. the aids even seem to counter act a lot of the tuning setting for me, let alone my driving style, but there must be something in it somewhere... i mean some tyres lasting 4-5 laps, some 6-7 and i think floyd got 9 laps? considering it's 7x wear rate, the actual number of laps difference would be insane. maybe trying real tyre wear on softs/meds instead?? at least to try and see if there is some consistency somewhere