Spartans Home

Sunday Race Road America

Zeno~SPARTA~

Still finalising the details but it will be around 30 minutes (15 laps or so) with 7x tire wear and real fuel consumption.

The cars will be either LMP2, LMP1 or possibly the Sauber Mercedes.

I will work on the pit strategy before Sunday

I did a 15 lap test with 7x tyre wear and real fuel consumption.

The Sauber fuel consumption is just under 4 liters a lap (3.75 I think), I put 35 liters to start which gives me a safe 8 laps. In the pit strategy I refuelled to 35 liters and changed the tyres. I used hard slicks at the pressure that was already there. Whilst you can choose to skip the tyre change you cannot skip the refuel, so even if you put in enough fuel at the start (say 60 Liters) you still have 30ish added at the pit stop, your call. The only advantage is that if there is a cock up at the pitstop and you are not topped off you can still finish the race without another pitstop.

At 8 laps I hadnt noticed any tyre degradation and lap times with the hard slicks after the pitstop was consistent with the first 8 laps.

Good race with no major incidents (none that I could see).

Congrats Krambo

We still had some probs with the pitstops we need to sort them out for the next race. If anyone needs help with this just catch me on TS.

Next week will be Nurburgring GP with the BMW M1 Procar, I will figure out the number of laps and Cent the weather will be clear!!!

Luggage's favourite will be the week after (Brands Hatch in the Ford Sierra Cosworth, heaven help us).