Spartans Home

Sunday Race 24 hours du Mans in 24 minutes

Zeno~SPARTA~

The race will run a 24 hour cycle at the rate of 1 hour per minute, there will be day and night, maybe weather.

I tried the Sauber Merc (classic LMP) and the steering was really twitchy on the straights, I'll try the more modern LMP2 to see if they are better. I can dial out the steering problem but its fairer if a stock car works.

LMP2s are stable and reasonably consistent. I did one lap in each of the 4 LMP2 cars and my times were within a few seconds (ie accounted for by small mistakes), so we can use any of them

Here are my times:

Alpine A450 3:58:870

Oreca Nissan 3:59:214

Marek RP 219D 4:01:812

RWD P20 3:59:650

As a matter of interest I am around 20 seconds a lap slower than the best time in each car.

hope we get a few on for tonight! we tested the cars and track and settings last night and it's looking pretty sweet. looks like it will be a 6 lap race with night/day awesome.

the LMP2s are great and very forgiving under braking, just need to ease that power in slowly on the sharp bends.

ThYcrIO.jpg

i think we will have a great race later but gonna try and get everyone some practice laps in before hand because the cars are fast! :]

also i heard it might rain a little today ;)

1jaPa2u.jpg

if you don't know the track, then sticking on the racing line might be useful during the night time, or you can scramble around in the gravel like me :) it might also help if it does rain, because you wont be able to see the track if you are behind someone :D :D

cC8ClU3.jpg

Edited by PANiC