Spartans Home

Windows 10

we don't know yet.

As far as I know, they have not released enough info about win10 for us to know if it is more like win8 or win7.

If it is like win8, I will likely be switching to a linux based system.

I have to work with client computer's that have win8 installed. It is actually worse than Vista was. If it takes 2 steps to do something in Win7 it likely takes at least 4 steps to do the same thing in win8.

It is an absurd OS for a desktop. Win8 is a good OS for a tablet but garbage for a desktop imo.

In addition, because Win8 is a "jack of all trades OS" for everything, it has to accommodate all the different mobile processors also. As a result, it does some very non standard cpu speed calculations to determine

what the cpu is running. This causes it to actually error in cpu speed and through put for desktops. All the major benchmarking websites banned results submitted that use win8 as the OS because it reports the speeds, etc. wrong. It really is a garbage OS for a desktop.

I have had several clients ask me to buy them a copy of Win7, reformat their brand new comp and install win7 because after fighting win8 for a month or so they had enough of the bullshit.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

After doing some testing on 10 I will probably upgrade but not immediately. The notifications going around atm are just a prompt to pre register which costs you nothing and doesn't automatically upgrade you so don't worry. As I have 7 Ultimate I automatically get 10 pro so that's a bonus.

I'm with Tyler, of course when there are an abundance of games using DX12, I will reconsider. Did I read that 10 will be that last version and that there will only be updates from now on.

Off topic - Dai how's the bike going?

Bikes going fine cheers, done a few bits n bobs. Next on the agenda is getting rid of the clocks and associated wiring at the front, got something in the pipeline I'm building atm, will keep you posted.

llandudno1.jpg

wheel8.jpg

Also Dai.... I have not seen you on TS to say hello. It has been a very long time, we used to fight a lot together in Arma.... and even a little left4dead.

So... get on TS someday! :thumbsup:

I'll pop on sometime this week and over the weekend, btw, who you guy's going for in the Powerplay in ED?

yes I got a message today telling me it would download automatically on the 29th of July and then notify me it was ready to install.

I have to say... I am worried. What little I have seen of it does look a bit like win8... this concerns me greatly.

If they have created a new version of 8, I will have to switch to a Linux based OS or something. I simply refuse to install garbage because that is all they wish to provide.

this does not look promising at all

Windows 10! This combines the strengths of Windows 8 with Windows 7.Windows Insider

From a desktop consumer standpoint, Win8 has no strengths. It was inferior to 7 in almost every category.

For mobile devices it was a different story. It is a good OS for a tablet for instance.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Win _10 is not faster then win_7 (FOR N0W)

So DX12 this better be good ..

And two different Gpu's running i wanna see this ..

will see if this is better then 20%imroved frames ill be happy all year :banana: