Spartans Home

The first couple of months with my Jaguar F type Coupe.

Zeno~SPARTA~

No worries, I dont think many people are reading these threads anyway.

I respect the Camaro's performance but would not want one, it's big outside and small inside, but worse they have kept the low windows, look at the side windows, the height is very small, very claustrophobic. I dont see it as a sleeper as it really advertises it's muscle car origins.

But American cars have been upping their game over the last couple of decades. If you look here

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna-seca-post-1988

The Dodge Viper ACR, a street legal car, has beaten the track time of a Porsche 918 and McLaren P1 two of the three most modern up to the minute, million dollar Hypercars. That is impressive. Here is a Motor Trend video of The Z06 vs the Viper ACR and the 911 GT3.

well we agree neither of us would own one... but also respect their performance.

Personally I have never liked the interior of camaro's, regardless of year, they look and feel cheap inside. It is odd, because other manufacturers managed to use as much plastic as Chevrolet... but mask it better with richer surfaces.

Your also correct visibility is horrible out of them.

My FJ Cruiser has poor visibility out the rear quarters... but it is an off road truck... not a highway car... and it is tall enough, if I miss seeing someone... they see me! :D

The styling for the Camaro is getting better I think, but I doubt they have gotten rid of that cheap plastic feel to the interior... nor have the corrected it's problematic visibility for the driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to Watchmans bespoke tyre comment I found out that Jaguar specific Pirelli P zeros have JRS on the sidewall (I think its specific to the XK RS and now the F Type).

Also here is a quote from Jaguar regarding Tyres

"When it comes to tyres we always tread carefully. So we strongly recommend that you only choose tyres that have been selected, developed and tested for your Jaguar. Made with a specific construction and compound, they are uniquely tuned and designed to enhance performance. By using only Jaguar approved tyres, you will help maintain your vehicle’s full Warranty."

To be honest there is no noticeable difference between the two makes, but its early days.

I have heard before that sporty cars are tuned around a specific tyre, some even have tyres made exclusively for them. Even the lowly RX8 was tuned around the Bridgestone Potenza by Prodrive who currently run the Aston Martin world sportscar series programme.

The new Aston Martin DB11 uses Bridgestone Potenza as well, amusingly named S007. But the tyre was originally developed for the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.

Well... many times this type of tyre recommendation involves performance vs. wear Zeno.

The suspension, maximum torque's, etc. have all been tuned to that specific tyre and rubber compound.

Therefore theoretically, (unless the other make tyre is identical in every manner) only that tyre will provide you with the maximum performance the car is capable of in any given situation.

The rubber compound on advanced suspensions is very important.