Spartans Home

Internet Issue - ever seen this? Movie inside.

Rocky

SOLVED

So I figured it was going to take too much to figure out this "throttling" I was seeing with my connection, so I stuck in a spare SSD and installed a fresh copy of windows 7, and the mobo drivers required to get up and running.

First thing I did after that was go to speedtest.net and check the speed. As I installed programmes, my plan was to always check and see if the connection was still good.

BUT, before I even installed any programs, the same issue was back! Ona fresh install! How can this be??

I'll tell you how, because the Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Drivers also install a Network Manager - it it has a setting to control upload and download speed - and it had defaulted to 100Mb! I uninstalled the network manager and guess what - NO INTERNET! Why? Because the manager and the drivers are one package.

Qualcomm must have realised this was causing problems, because last month they added a drivers only download to their site - I noticed that today.

So now I have the drivers installed without any bloatware sitting between the NIC and the internet.

Pleased to have gotten to the bottom of this one!

Excellent Rocky!!

Yes, I raised two daughters. They are both grown up and married now..... but they gave me a lot of grey hair during the process :no:

The key to fewer grey hairs I decided was to ensure all potential boyfriends knew of my gun, knife & sword inventory.

Usually when I knew one was going to be showing up, I suddenly needed to clean my guns, or oil my hunting knives. This proved to work GREAT!! :allgood:

My sixteen year old has dumped her boyfriend for being boring I think this is potentially a bad thing and yep the barnet is getting greyer and thinner

Custard... I know these are not readily available in the UK.

But surely there is something you can substitute.

But when potential boyfriends see you handling the things below, somehow they instinctively know not to cross certain lines :thumbsup:

_57_zpsi2hvuq2h.jpg Hkp30assistserratedhk_6000008SBT_zpszrogo1091_zpsvgs2ygjm.jpg50577_zpsccgsmvmo.jpg

Yeah... they are always super polite also..... :yes:

You can talk to a "boyfriend" but he will likely discard or forget much of what you say, but they never forget the images of you handling the above. Those images are permanently etched into their mind.

My daughters told me later that I had really "hindered" some young men apparently from being "more fun" on a night out.... this is the effect I in fact wanted... the image of dealing with the consequences of doing

something really stupid stopping a stupid act or thing.

Now, I still get them out once in awhile to oil, clean or sharpen stuff, but now I have two great son in laws. :cheers: and do not have to worry about my daughters anymore. One is an attorney and the other is an Engineering manager. Both straight up guys, which is what I was hoping would appear in my daughter's lives.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

Jokes aside to be honest mate I just want to continue to have a good enough relationship with Amy that no matter what happens we can both continue being friends she has to man up and deal with life I have to man up and try not to bitch too much at the inevitable mistakes she will make.

God knows I made a few.

Sorry Rocky kidnapped ur thread.

yeah we did but he won't mind.

Custard that is really the key. Maintain communication.

As long as she feels like she can talk to you and tell you things, stuff will be fine.

We kept a very tolerant open communication with both our daughters. That seemed to work.

We had friends who tried the strict authoritarian approach and that ended in disaster.