Spartans Home

3D Gaming FTW

Rocky

Been playing with Nvidia 3D Glasses, wow!

Grid Autosport is cool, especially in car view, but the already beautiful The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is simply amazing in 3D, one of my best gaming experiences ever; such depth and enhanced awareness is really something special.

Not tried much else so far, but I'll be playing Ethan non stop anyway lol.

• 2 weeks later...

That auto save feature is actually not quite as I (and everyone else I see complaining about it) thinks, because it actually saves quite frequently, IF you complete the puzzles as you go. The problem is there is no gameplay barrier to prevent you running off miles into the game leaving a trail of unsolved puzzles (and save points) behind!

Anyway - 3D is AWESOME, but this looks even better!!!!

Edited by Rocky

Yep, I saw it in your steam list today Dai.

When I first played it I was blown away by the visuals, very cool, probably the best outdoors I've seen the foliage, trees, and rocks are the best I've seen in any game. I thought it couldn't get any better, then I ordered the Nvidia glasses and it was like I never wanted to go back to 2D ethan again! It is THAT good in 3d. If I never play another game with these £100 glasses, I'll still think they were a worthwhile investment, just for this one game.

Tonight I had to retrace my steps because I waltzed right past the first murder scene without solving it, a walkthough put me right. The revelation of the first murder had me open mouthed, seriously.

Great experience.

Next week - I'll be playing it in virtual reality with my smartphone and google glasses lol.