Spartans Home

New Jeep consepts

Athlon64~SPARTA~

I like the apparent off road functionality of the Jeep Chief, Staff car and the Jeep Wrangler Africa. I like their overall rough and tough look.

The Cherokee, Overlander and Desert Hawk are uni-body 4x4's which are more of a "mall assault vehicle" than 4x4. They are not for off road use, although some try to use them that way and typically end up stuck trying to follow a true off road 4x4. This is because unfortunately, uni-bodies are designed to flex to absorb loads. This is an extremely bad trait in an off-road 4x4 and is why ALL true off road 4x4's have full ladder frames under them.... including the Jeep Wrangler.... which is an excellent off-road 4x4.

Also... I cannot help noticing that the Desert Hawk looks like a rip off of the "Isuzu VehiCROSS" which was built from about 1999 through 2001, a couple of pictures of it below. Yes it was a 2 door... but I have to say front end and overall design look pretty similar to me.

2000-isuzu-vehicross-1.jpg

2000-isuzu-vehicross-5.jpg

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

yeah or an FJ Cruiser with a small TDI in it.... any of them with a small TDI would have ample torque and HP. It could be a large 4cyl or small 6cyl. for any of them and it would make plenty of power. If anything, a 6cyl TDI would probably produce too much low end torque for an off road vehicle. Yes you want plenty of torque, but too much causes problems with wheels slipping and your 4-trac or A-trac are constantly braking the wheel to prevent the slippage. This as you can imagine will "bog the vehicle down" in many off road situations.

I have actually been sending suggestions to various manufacturers. These manufacturers are worried about CAFE requirements which is why Toyota had to dump the FJ Cruiser for now. If they would put a small TDI engine in them.... they wouldn't have to worry about it. If they did half their truck fleet they would never have to worry about CAFE requirements. Even a 5,000 pound FJ or Jeep would get high 30's to low 40's in mpg... and with the latest technologies, possibly even higher fuel mileage. I think they would get high 30's to low 40's with TDI's using engines and control systems designed for 2010 or... 5 year old technology.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~