Spartans Home

Anyone looking for an amazing monitor?

Hey folks, Newegg has a pretty awesome deal on a 27 inch ASUS ROG 3D Gaming monitor that runs at 144hz refresh rate and has 1ms GTG response time. Native res is 1440p

The totally awesome sale is only today and tomorrow (March 7 and 8)

With the PROMOCODE this thing comes down to $755.00 which is not to bad for such a fast monitor that operates in 3D also as long as you have an nVidia vid card that supports it.

You can find it here... looks pretty nice to me http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405

yeah... 32 inch at 4k resolution... you won't like it I am fairly certain. Things will be too small.

At 4k resolution, everything on the screen is going to be a fraction of the size it is at 1080p.

I have looked at 4k and decided until there are 35 to 37 inch monitors that are reasonably priced... I will not be getting one.

There is even a huge difference just between 1080p and 1440p.

In everything I have read, cheap 4k monitors do not perform very well. At only 32inch... for someone with eyes more than 55 years old like me... that is too small.

I would not be able to see things well enough in game compared to what I am used to... yes it would be very clear... but it will be very small also. I do not enjoy shooting

at dots in the distance.... I would rather see the target.

I think 1440p at 32 inch monitor size would probably be fine... but not 4k.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

Set it at 1024x 768 or what ever that is, icons can be set larger or a 42" if that ant big enough. Im talking 4 times better quality then what we are looking at now, im going to get one soon a 32" and a "65 for the house, ive got a 65 lcd now probley put that in the bed room. Have to try it and see.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Cool the one im looking at is a 39" is your real good? clear? good frame rates? what mfger?

Real good? No. But for the price...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2VFC4U/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00BXF7I9M&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JC4FRAKTB2SVDH4YKSZ

yeah... 4k at 30hz is really not good for gaming at all... watching a movie it would be fine... but gaming no way.

In addition, although they are saying it can function as both.

TV's designed to also work as a monitor are not very good monitors, because the dot pitch in the screen is too large.

A 4K TV that can be used as a monitor is not nearly as clear as a 4k monitor, because the TV does not have as high a dot density per inch in the screen as a monitor.

If you look at the actual specifications of the screens used, there is a huge difference between them.

That is why a 4K monitor cost $700 to $1K for a good one and a 4K TV is only $300 to $400 for the same size. The number of dots or pixels physically in the screen of a monitor is much higher than the 4K TV screen.

I have experimented with many TV's that claim they are also Monitors... there is no comparison to be made at all. A monitor is visually much clearer and sharper than the TV.

This is because all TV screens, regardless of what resolution they claim, are designed to be viewed from a distance of 5 to 10 feet. A monitor is designed to be watched at 1 to 3 feet.

There is so much more clarity in a monitor that if someone was looking at 32 inch 4k monitor sitting next to a 32 inch 4k TV showing the same pictures, they would not believe that both screens were 4k.

They would swear the 4k TV was much lower resolution.

In addition, the origin of this post was not a 4k monitor. It is a 3D monitor that runs in 1440p not 4k. But... I am willing to bet, that 1440p monitor screen is sharper than a 4k TV screen.

The good thing about that monitor... is it is 3D... it had nothing to do with its resolution... although 1440p is pretty damn good.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

ASUS PB287Q 28-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
41tkZdYJj7L.jpg
4K Detail. Unsurpassed Versatility

Open your eyes to breathtaking levels of detail with the ASUS PB287Q True 4K ultra-high definition (4K UHD) monitor. The ASUS PB287Q features a 16:9 aspect ratio WLED display that delivers next-generation 4K UHD visuals, with resolution up to 3840 by 2160.

Impeccable 4K Ultra-High Definition Visuals

With a pixel density of 157 pixels-per-inch (PPI), the PB287Q provides over 8 million pixels, four times the pixel density of standard Full HD displays for astonishingly detailed visuals - allowing you to experience more onscreen real estate and stunning image clarity that have to be seen to be believed. The PB287Q also delivers an impressive 1ms GTG fast response time and a 60Hz refresh rate for ultra-smooth gameplay.

When 4K Means Seeing and Doing Much More

With 300% more onscreen space than similar sized Full HD displays, the ASUS PB287Q gives you more space to spread out your various work windows for more productive multitasking. Capable of displaying 1.07 billion colors, the PB287Q delivers outstanding color reproduction and saturation thanks to its 330cd/m² brightness and a 100,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR).

Very nice monitor, but when I am playing an FPS, things in a 28 or 31 inch 4k monitor are too small.

Until they are selling 35in to 37 inch 4k monitors at a reasonable price, I won't be getting one.

I am actually fine with 1080p at the moment. I have a good ASUS 1080p 27 inch monitor, I picked up on sale for $205. I have been

pretty happy with it and I have had it for a year and a half now.

Zero eye strain... and I can see what I am shooting.