Spartans Home

What ship do you have?

KalXen~SPARTA~

good.. I think we need to build a spreadsheet.

Hali... I think I would take a serious look at a Freelancer.

It seems to be a good all round ship with several variants.

My DUR which is specialized for exploration also can carry some cargo... and is armed to the teeth with big cannons. Plus it has a special sensor package and extended range fuel tanks.

Fuel is going to be an issue in this game me thinks.....

If the cannons are not big enough... I have a Redeemer as backup

The Carrack is essentially an exploration command ship. It has special equipment that supposedly even allow it to map out jump holes.

Plus it has a small fighter on board, a planetary rover on board, A ship service bay, a medical bay and some big capital class turrets on it.

So it s NOT a front line explorer.. it is too large to do that.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

• 5 years later...

Aurora MR

Spartan - ground troop transport

Prospector (ingame Purchase)

M2 Hercules (ingame Purchase)

THE C8X PISCES EXPEDITION  (ingame Purchase)

Edited by custard~SPARTA~
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE:

315P (game package)

Aurora MR (game package)

Aurora MR (game package) ---- Gifted to my youngest son.

Aurora MR (ship only)

Retaliator  (ship only)

Reclaimer  (ship only)

Greycat Buggy (ground vehicle)

Cyclone (ground vehicle)

Monthly test ship for concierge

Monthly test ship for subscribers

And a "we're sorry for some hiccups" Freelancer

and for whatever reason, sometimes I have a couple of other ships showing, including a Vanduul Scythe.  Not sure where they came from.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Aurora MR

Cutlass Black

Conni Taurus

Caterpillar (in game purchase)

Greycat buggy (in game purchase)

Tumbril Cyclone (in game purchase)

Hull B

Freelancer (no idea why)

Prospector (in game purchase)

As of Nov 2021

1, Mercury Star Runner (MSR) lti - This is my Primary Pledge (back form 2012!, CCU'd everything else apart from the Cutlass to buy the MSR)

2, Cutlas Black lti

In Game Purchase,

ROC

Edited by Cent~SPARTA~

3 hours ago, Halli~SPARTA~ said:

Upgraded my current ship to a Greycat roc and... a Constellation Andromeda.

Now I just need to learn how to fly. I now have a ship several can participate in and hope that will help 

with my understanding of the game. 

Not sure you can transport the ROC in the Constellation? I could be wrong. But you certainly can transport the ROC in the Freelancer that everyone currently has.

Cent and I will have to show you how to mine with a buddy using a prospector to break rocks for the ROC to hoover up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, custard~SPARTA~ said:

Not sure you can transport the ROC in the Constellation? I could be wrong. But you certainly can transport the ROC in the Freelancer that everyone currently has.

Cent and I will have to show you how to mine with a buddy using a prospector to break rocks for the ROC to hoover up.

You can fit anything upto the Ursa rover into the Conni - space isnt the problem, its the size of the ship. 

With the Freelancer and Cutlass - the cargo deck and the pilot cabin are on the same deck. you simply drive up the ramp and get out - job done.

You have to lower the cargo deck to the ground with the Conni before you can exit. then do the reverse when you want to fly off. if you are doing it solo - the Conni would take twice as long as the others to be flight ready. ideally you'd want a 3 man crew to run a Conni and a ROC combo. A Pilot, Miner and a Cargo loader. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, custard~SPARTA~ said:

I feel a training session in our future :)

I hope so as I need it bad!

Almost every time I have taken off I have crashed my ship, I am so green.

That's when I can find my ship as I forget how to tram to the correct station.

I have been working out of town "Memphis" since July so hope to have time back home soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been practicing using a keyboard and mouse and have found it ok if your just flying from a to b, so to do the delivery box missions and to explore it's good

Using a HOTAS (I have X52Pro) is a much better experience, Cent has a Thrustmaster and says this is great I am unsure what Cy uses

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2020 at 3:56 PM, custard~SPARTA~ said:

I have been practicing using a keyboard and mouse and have found it ok if your just flying from a to b, so to do the delivery box missions and to explore it's good

Using a HOTAS (I have X52Pro) is a much better experience, Cent has a Thrustmaster and says this is great I am unsure what Cy uses

I think Cy has the X56 (could be wrong) and I am using the TT1600 HOTAS from Thrustmaster. 

I used KaM for years in SC - in fact i only brought the HOTAS after flying DCS with Zeno and the crew. To be fair - i would never go back to KaM in any flight sim ever again now. Worth every single penny!!

• Thanks 1

Have a look at the prices of HOTAS because of Covid they have gone thru the roof I would wait! Anytime Cent an I are on we can give you a tour, help you take off and land your Constellation and show you how to explore.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I only have the Aurora starter ship and have coveted having the single seat Prospector mining ship but it is about £150 and my miserly nature will not let me spend this much in one go.

However there is a sale on at the moment and I have got for my birthday the Spartan ground vehicle for £65 and this comes with lifetime insurance.

If you have a ship/vehicle purchased that has LTI as long as you upgrade for something more expensive you can melt it for store credit and use this credit for the upgrade and the LTI transfers to the new ship.

Besides I have a vehicle called a Spartan in my hanger until I upgrade it :) 

On 10/5/2020 at 3:04 PM, Cent~SPARTA~ said:

Aurora MR

Cutlass Black

Conni Taurus

Caterpillar (in game purchase)

Greycat buggy (in game purchase)

Tumbril Cyclone (in game purchase)

Hull B

Freelancer (no idea why)

Prospector (in game purchase)

As of Nov 2021

1, Mercury Star Runner (MSR) lti - This is my Primary Pledge (back form 2012!, CCU'd everything else apart from the Cutlass to buy the MSR)

2, Cutlas Black lti

In Game Purchase,

ROC

AND - i have splashed out ona fancy paint job for my MSR too! 

ScreenShot-2021-10-15_19-30-22-7B7.jpg

• Haha 1