Spartans Home

Planetside 2

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Hello guys,

I do not see any reference to planetside 2 on our forums anywhere. I have been playing this game, and once past the initial learning curve, this game is a blast.

It is a large scale FPS where 3 armies fight for control of continents.

It includes infantry, armor of many types and air of many types.

Infantry can specialize in areas of sniper, engineer, medic, light assault, heavy assault and Max (robotic heavy battle armor suit)

Most people specialize their character in two to three areas.

Individual battles may include as few as 10 people and as many as 500 people.

It is free to play, although the grind starting out can be a bit rough.

Thankfully all the starter weapons are as good as anything available in the game for all round use battle rifle.

As you rank up, you have access to more specialized weapons that have niche uses.

In addition, ranking up allows you to upgrade any vehicles you have.

Below is a link to a video made by a planetside 2 player. I think she did an outstanding job at providing a visually pleasing introduction to planetside 2.

It is available in up to 4k resolution.

**You must watch this video in full screen to get the proper effect lillbabs intended with this vid.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys... well in January 2015, a bunch of folks got together and decided to break the Guinness Book of World Records for the most players in a single battle.

They succeeded with an astonishing 1056 players fighting in a single battle for over 2 hours. Guinness was involved, monitored the battle and has officially recorded it as the largest

number of players in a single online battle in history.

I don't expect anyone to watch this whole vid... it is very long. But watching the first 5 to 8 minutes and then bouncing through it a bit gives you a good understanding of how organized it can be.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~

BTW.. There are 5 main game servers run by Planetside 2 (they are big cloud servers to handle the huge player loads) I play on the server called Emerald (east coast)

I play Vanu... well because Vanu have hover tanks and Hover tanks (the Magrider) are super cool :worshippy:

In addition, somehow... nobody is sure how it happened... but some of the best players in the game are Vanu in spite of the fact the other factions have some better stuff in some areas.

The Vanu have enough cool shit to dominate if they have a platoon of skilled players.

The Key is following orders, most Vanu Platoon Commanders are very good. There are a few exceptions but not many.

Edited by Zathrus~SPARTA~