Spartans Home

Howdy folks... I am back

Zathrus~SPARTA~

Hello all,

Well Mechwarrior sort of died away... and now Star Citizen is on the horizon so I have returned.

I own some ships and have been a supporter of SC.

I got the opportunity to go to the Star Citizen conference in Hollywood during last october where I got to meet many on the dev. team including Chris R.

I have been confident in Chris R. from the start as I have liked all his previous games, but after getting to meet many of the others on his team I have to say

I was impressed with the talent he has accumulated. He has even hired some of the top talent Crytek had that created the cryengine (3 guys I think).

Ironically two of them are also the same guys that originally created Mechwarrior Living Legends which was based on the cryengine also.

See you guys around... I should be around much more often now.

Zath

Well I never felt like I actually left, I took a little side trip with MWLL. You guys have not seen me because I was very busy running the most successful MWLL server in the game for about 3 years.

In true Spartan fashion, I made sure there was no bullshit on the server. People really liked that. If you showed up to cause trouble, you got banned.... and also in true Spartan fashion, I was very fair & consistent

about it. So that made it a very popular server that ran full most of the time.

Eventually the morons that created MWO saw that MWLL was biting into their potential customer base and threatened the folks doing mwll with a lawsuit.... this pretty much forced it to be shutdown as everyone just bailed.

Although I have heard some players have created a new portal for it and some still play it. But development for it stopped as far as I know, and MWO is complete garbage....

So that has released me from my side trip, time to come back home.

Currently I have been playing a bit of Planetside 2 and Star Citizen. I am really looking forward to Star Citizen.

I no longer live in the midwest as health issues have forced me southwest into the desert. I now live outside Tucson Arizona and I love it here.

As some of you know, I am a "rockhound" with a large collection. Arizona is one of the best states in the country for rock hunting finding fossils, gems and minerals off all types.

I have also discovered quite a few stone tools and fossil corals just wandering around behind my house as I have open desert behind it.

As a bonus, although my health is still not great, it is much better out here in the desert than it was in the midwest. I can actually get out and do things periodically.

For anyone that is curious about what Planetside 2 is... it is a large scale battle simulator between 3 armies. You fight for control of a continent. There are 4 continents currently.\

I am including a video made by a player which I think was very well done, and does give you a glimpse of what it is.

it is very well done I think, She has great vision of scale.

It is available in up to 4k resolution, for best effect, this video must be watched in full screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suPGIoVOqD4