Spartans Home

L.O.S-SALVAGER

adder360~SPARTA~

After doing some research into this area it looks like salvaging could be very profitable. When you have the wrecks you can salvage broken components from the ships that are used when manufacturing rigs.

The blue prints for rigs are cheap in the blueprint world, I have seen lot of them for about 150000.isk and less and if any of you have bought rigs you would know that these this cost a shit load. (over 10mill a pop) I have basic salvaging ability but it would be made a lot more efficient if we had a corp dedicated salvaging ship as this would make rating a lot more profitable.

For instance we can go into Otela miners set up on a belt a fighter and a transport stays with them, rest of the fighters split up and kill off the rats salvager come along and scoops the wrecks up.

I have spoken to a few people last night and they thought it was a good idea I will put a corp vote on it so you can show weather you back this or not. And as I go along I will put a bill of equipment up (you will also be able to track the cost on the corp wallet if it gets backing)

Okay so just to get some of these thoughts down on paper...

Have a BC or even a cruiser, set up with salvages and tractor beams (2 or more each) and maybe a cargohold expander II for extra loot and all.

What we do, is set up a fleet of at least two. The combat guy is the hunter/killer. He doesn't even mess with the loot. He flies from area to area killing rats and pulling them together with his tractor beam.

Then he book marks the location.

The salvager then goes behind him and salvages the wrecks and takes the loot. then warps to the combat guy. and cleans up those wrecks.

Just keep going bout and looking for the rats in the system. Of course you will have to find a .5 or .6 sec area with a ton of roid belts. The killer guy goes through them systematically and finds the rats. It wont take long to go through a list of 10 belts, and by the time you have gone through it, the first belt should have spawned rats again.

Plus we can have other teams looking at other systems at the same time.

Any thoughts or changes or additions?

Because I now have a Retriever that mines, I am going to change my mining Harbinger in to a salvager ship so I can play either role in a salvaging op.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

there is a system called Otela that is .5 has 19 riod belts and one ice belt good amout of the higher qualty ores and theres a rat there that carrys near £30 mill of gear some comander dude of some thing, the furits of the salvage do not take up that much so i was thinking a cruser ships with about 2 salvagers and 2 tracters some cargo expanders and then armor raiapir cap rechargers microwarp and warpcore stabliser. then a bay full of drones. if we deside to go rating in low sec the salvager will still be able to tag along and if we got jumped it will be able to get away. also will put salvaging rigs on it (x3)

SALVAGER

Including FAQ and all the knowledge

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.as...threadID=437363

FAQ:

Q: Does wrecks contain any extra loot except for parts to make rigs?

A: There are two stages in making a wreck "disappear". First stage - looting the wreck. U can tractor beam it and access like any other standard container. After retrieving the loot comes stage two, where u must lock on the wreck and treat it with salvager module. In this stage no, no other loot can be obtained than the parts for rigs (Sometimes u get metal scraps from player ships but well... theyre not much of a use).

Q: Can i use two salvagers?

A: Yes u can. However the chance to salvage the wreck will not stack. So each module runs on its own. Of course this may result in faster salvaging as there is a better chance youll be successful woth two salvagers, however u still can wait even 10 cycles to salvage the wreck.

Q: Do drones in new regions drop loot?

A: By Scaramaus:

Yes they do drop salvageable items. Besides the alloys they drop as loot, you can salvage their wrecks, the same as you do with other ships. Items you can get from them include Broken Drone transcievers, Tritanium bars, Contaminated Lorentz Fluid and more. I've found about 12 different items in their wrecks.

Q: Does researching BPOs for rigs reduce component requirements?

A: By Pang Grohl:

The BPO's have wastage, so yes, material research will reduce the component requirements.

Tech2 Rigs:

This section is under construction but i can already say that tech2 rigs will need intact version of the parts u usually salvage fro ships. There is a very low chance of getting one instead of damaged one. Also u can get them from faction rats (those that drop faction loot) and from T2 player ships wrecks.

Intact modules have a blue sphere in the bacgroung of their icons, while damaged one have an orange blast in the background.

To get a te bpc of a rig u must try invention as bpos for them are not seeded to R&D agents yet.

It STARTS

This guide covers some basic facts about salvaging and rigs. I have splitted it into 4 sections: Basics, Rigs description and what kind of stuff they need to be built, Salvaging - what ships and which faction drops specific parts and Hints.

Basics:

So what are those rigs... Well they are in simpliest words - implants for ships. They can be fitted into a specific rig slot but cannot be removed - you will have to repackage your ship in order to free rig slots, hoever you will loose all the rigs u had.

How does rigs work? For the most part they increase one stat of your ship while decreasing another - that way u can create an uber tank sacrificing for an example some speed or powergrid if u dont need it that much. This way u can create more specialized ships, good only in their intended by you field.

Each rig needs one rig slot and a certain amount of calibration points. U can find how much calibration points have your ship in its info screen under fitting tab just below CPU and POWERGRID bar. Like all normal modules u cannot fit for an example 3 rigs requiring 200 calibration points each on a ship that have only 400 calibration points to spare.

T1 ships always have more rig slots and calibration points than t2 ships.

To make a rig u need a blueprint - they can be easily bought on the market for a small amount of money (Manufacturing and research section, then ship modifiations). BPO's are cheap, but that does not mean rigs are easy to obtain - it can take a load of mission running/pvping to gather enough parts in order to build a rig.

How to put a hand on some of those parts then?

The answer is salvaging.

Once you will make it to mechanics lvl3 and survey lvl3 u can train the salvaging skill.

Just when you will reach lvl1 in it u can buy yourself a Salvager I module

and start searching for parts in the wrecks :) Easy isn't it? Well i wish it was...

Certain types of rats drops different parts - it depends on what faction they belong to. This will be covered later :) Now for the rigs.

Rigs:

Rigs are divided into sections. Each section need certain parts for all the rigs it contains to build. Each rig need three types of parts, in some sections there are rigs that use more types (always three but the rig requirements in the specific section dont match) Here is a small list of what rigs do and what kind of parts they need to be assembled:

Armor rigs.

Requirements in parts:

Charred Micro Circuit

Contaminated Nanite Compound

Fried Interface Circuit

Role: Armor improvements, salvaging improvements.

Drawback: Reduced speed.

Astronautic rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Burned Logic Circuit

Charred Micro Circuit

Thruster Console

Alloyed Tritanium Bar

Fried Interface Circuit

Tripped Power Circuit

Role: Improved speed and agilty (also AB and MWD). Some hull upgrades.

Drawback: Less armor.

Drone rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Broken Drone Transceiver

Burned Logic Circuit

Charred Micro Circuit

Tripped Power Circuit

Role: Upgrades for all drones.

Drawback: Reduces ship's CPU.

Electronic rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Conductive Polymer

Damaged Artificial Neural Network

Tripped Power Circuit

Fried Interface Circuit

Charred Micro Circuit

Role: Improvements to hacking, archaeology and scanning. Also reduces the requirements of CPU and Capacitor for Electronic modules and ECM.

Drawback: NONE

Electronic Superiority rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Damaged Artificial Neural Network

Fried Interface Circuit

Tripped Power Circuit

Charred Micro Circuit

Burned Logic Circuit

Role: Upgrades to ship's sensors, ECM modules, targetting, tracking etc.

Drawback: Less Shields

Energy Grid rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Burned Logic Circuit

Tangled Power Conduit

Tripped Power Circuit

Melted Capacitor Console

Fried Interface Cicruit

Role: Improvements to Capacitor, Powergrid.

Drawback: NONE

Energy Weapon rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Charred Micro Circuit

Defective Current Pump

Fried Interface Circuit

Role: Improvements to Energy Weapons.

Drawback: Guns need more Powergrid.

Hybrid Weapon rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Charred Micro Circuit

Contaminated Lorentz Fluid

Fried Interface Circuit

Role: Improvements to Hybrid Weapons.

Missile Launcher rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Burned Logic Circuit

Scorched Telemetry Processor

Tripped Power Circuit

Role: Improvements to missiles and launchers.

Drawback: Launchers need more CPU.

Projectile Weapon rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Charred Micro Circuit

Fried Interface Circuit

Smashed Trigger Unit

Role: Improvements to Projectile Weapons.

Shield rigs:

Requirements in parts:

Charred Micro Circuit

Fried Interface Circuit

Malfunctioning Shield Emitter

Burned Logic Circuit

Tripped Power Circuit

Ward Console

Role: Improvements to shields.

Drawback: Increased Signature Radius.

Also note that in order to use rigs u have train specific skills. First off train Mechanic to lvl3, then Jury Rigging to lvl3.

Now for each rig section there is another skill. For armor rig its armor rigging and it goes similar for all other sections.

Now for the salvaging...

Salvaging:

In order to use Salvager I module u need machanic skill trained up to lvl3, survey lvl3 and finally salvaging skill lvl1. At the first lvl it will allow you to salvage npc wrecks. At lvl3 u can salvage tech2 ships, but it will take a loads of time.

To salvage a wreck u need to remove loot from it first (if it contains any). U have a chance to be succesful and retrieve some parts from the wreck. In any way the wreck will disappear.

New in patch: Once u will examine it there is anything in the wreck to loot it becomes darker.

Here is a list from what ship how much parts u can salvage (soon to be updated):

Frigate -> 1-3

Destroyer -> ?

Cruiser -> 1-5

Battlecruiser -> 1-8

Battleship -> 1-8

Carrier -> ?

Also each faction drops specific parts. Here is a list of what u can expect to salvage from npc wrecks. In () i put the probabilty of dropping the item:

NOTE:: Im not counting in circuits as they are being dropped by all factions in large quantities.

Gallente Navy:

All kinds of circuits

Caldari Navy:

All kinds of circuits

Republic Fleet:

All kinds of circuits

Amarr Navy:

All kinds of circuits

CONCORD:

[grey]Metal Scraps[/grey]

Angel Cartel:

Alloyed Tritanium Bar (Very Good)

Thruster Console (Good)

Smashed Trigger Unit (Good)

Serpentis:

Conductive Polymer (Very good)

Contaminated Lorentz Fluid (Very good)

Broken Drone Transceiver (Good)

Malfunctioning Shield Emitter (Good)

Sansha's Nation:

Armor Plates (Good)

Defective Current Pump (Good)

Contaminated Nanite Compound (?)

Mordu's Legion:

Armor Plates (?)

Conductive Polymer (?)

Defective Current Pump (?)

Blood Raiders:

Tangled Power Conduit (?)

Defective Current Pump (?)

Melted Capacitor Console (?)

Contaminated Nanite Compound (?)

Thukker Tribe:

Guristas Pirates:

Schorched Telemetry Processor (Good)

Ward Console (Good)

Malfunctioning Shield Emitter (Good)

Thruster Console (?)

Rogue Drones:

They drop every kind of parts

Mercenaries:

coming soon[tm]

Structures:

This relates only to mission ones - they do not drop parts - wrecks apart of standard loot are empty.

Hints:

As the patch is coming tomorrow some of the "ways" i have worked out to make salvaging more efficient could be obsolete, ill hold on with it until ill assimilate my strategies to the changes.

Hint by Krav:

Since Salvager I's and tractor beam's both require high slots, the quickest salvaging ships will have a high number of hi-slots. This tends to indicate destroyers, battlecruisers, and battleships make the best salvaging ships, generally speaking.

Hint: In low sec and 0.0 u may want to hunt down the convoys as they sometimes carry a few parts.

EXPLORATION. When you will train up astrometrics to lvl4 u may try exploration. Sometimes you may stumble upon a complex with dozens of floating wreck ready to be salvaged. Quoting Strangely Brown:

"There were spawn containers at this hidden deadspace site which needed the salvager activated on them to open. Also a couple which required archaeology and an analyser.

Got about 100 components all together, of which about 70 were circuits. Not bad for 10-15 mins work!"

Don't waste your time salvaging belt rats .... Do a L3-4 mission and zip through it, 2 BS is all you need and have 2 salvagers in lower ships. Four in the group, the 2 bs tank the agro and the 2 smaller warp in after agro is held.

Then on the 2 salvagers fit say 1 tractor and 1 salvager and as the wrecks become available tractor em in and do your stuff, While fireing on targets and helping the BS guys kill.

Doing it this way you will skip through a L4 in about 1-2 hr and make good isk .... better than mining.

A group of 4 is all you need, 2 x Tanks and 2 x salvage n tractors with missiles as well.

Rem to kill the small ships FIRST !! ... they are the ones to Jam n Scram your butts not the Cruisers or Bs's .

Ok have fun :)