Spartans Home

Advice For Beginners

custard~SPARTA~

Aimed at C0B0L I am putting this out there because he has had some bad advice and I would rather nobody else received the same.

There is only one thing you cannot buy with cash in this game XP you have to earn it by playing battles the ingame credits (Silver) can be purchased in the store as well as Premium tanks of many different tiers.

There are ten tiers each is progressively harder to play and win it starts to get really hard at tier 8 because that is were a lot of very experienced players play to earn credits to advise anybody who has not played the game for at least a month to buy any tier 8 Premium tank is not doing them any favors at least one person before has had that advice in the past has stopped playing because it wasn't fun.

Rant over.

If you want to throw cash at the game get a little Premium account and maybe a tier 5 Premium tank the best person to talk to about what tier 5 would be Floyd buying a package including ingame credits would be a good idea.

You will probably want a nice big heavy tank choose the US line it is the most forgiving for beginners and has good heavies early on.

If you want a fast medium tank choose the Russian line it has the largest number of good mediums in it's tech tree.

Do try the arty (SPG) it is the best way of learning how not to get hit by one I would advise the French or British lines.

The light tanks are probably the hardest lines to get good at avoid them for as long as you can.

Tank Destroyers if you must get into them the US line has some good examples in the lower tiers but I would avoid them initially.

Don't sell a tank to get the next one when a tank is elited (all options researched) play it for a bit to earn some credits and see how good it really is before moving on to the next one.

Try not to grind too much only have one unelited tank in your garage this will help your credit earning and your winrate (at some point your stats will become important to you anybody who says otherwise is a liar).

When you get to tier 5 do not move to tier 6 until the crew have one skill/perk at 100%.

If given the opportunity always shoot Luggage's tank in the back of the turret.

Thanks for the advice Custard, but I have totally ignored your advice and gone straight to the developers and bought 1mil pounds worth of shares in the company. As a good will gesture they will fit me out in a tier 10 tank with lights and borbbles, also included in the deal is a nodding santa on the dash.

As for the real world I take on your advice and will spend no more monies on the game apart from the millions I already have.

And continue to play tier 1 where I am having more fun at the moment listening to Cy, Sam, and yourself as to the tactics of the game.

As to the size of your tank, In real life I was only given a small penis, So I try make up for it by buying bling in every game I play. I will try to stop doing this and come to terms with my disability to never be able to satisfy a women (or a sheep) and concentrate my efforts into WOT.

As for your last line of advice, I will try my best to nuke Luggage in the back of his turret.

Let people make there own mind up then.

It is a bad idea to suggest that a beginner buys any premium tank and I have been in channel when you have advised exactly that in the past and others have suggested in TS you are on commission from WG from premium tank sales.

The more people pay money into this game the better as far as I am concerned but a new player learns nothing from premium tanks they would be better off buying credits with cash from WG this may just be my opinion but it is based on a pretty extensive knowledge of the game.

Maybe a list of current BEST in class tanks 1 - 10

A list of easiest to skill/ play tanks 1- 10

List of general battlefield tactics (like eg.)

When you see your team move to one side, don't be a hero and go to the other side alone.... certain death.

When you see the enemy out numbers you on one side, tactical pull back could see you live to fight from another position....

typical stuff.

Let people make there own mind up then.

It is a bad idea to suggest that a beginner buys any premium tank and I have been in channel when you have advised exactly that in the past and others have suggested in TS you are on commission from WG from premium tank sales.

The more people pay money into this game the better as far as I am concerned but a new player learns nothing from premium tanks they would be better off buying credits with cash from WG this may just be my opinion but it is based on a pretty extensive knowledge of the game.

I don't see what I said or did in the same light that you do. Ask Cobol what I suggested before throwing around accusations.

As far as I know, I have pulled anyone's credit card out of their wallet and ordered something in WoT for them. We are all responsible for our own actions. When someone asks about what they can buy into the game to be playing larger tanks, I don't ignore them, but I tell the truth. I don't encourage it, but I don't discourage it and I let them make up their minds after telling what I know for both sides. Discouraging them from buying into a game they have an interest in is NOT letting them make up their own mind.

Tell both sides then let them decide. That's what I did.

Maybe a list of current BEST in class tanks 1 - 10

A list of easiest to skill/ play tanks 1- 10

List of general battlefield tactics (like eg.)

When you see your team move to one side, don't be a hero and go to the other side alone.... certain death.

When you see the enemy out numbers you on one side, tactical pull back could see you live to fight from another position....

typical stuff.

^^^^^^^ Now THIS is GREAT advice!!! ^^^^^^^

BTW Custard, just how far along were you when you bought your first premium tank? How about others? Did you learn anything from it? I did. I think it was a valuable part of learning the game.

I have been slower to learn the game than some of you, but that is my refusal to "research" videos and forums, something you and others were smart enough to do. That said, I certainly have suggested some that were new to the game view those resources and advised them how much it assisted you and others. I hadn't steered COBOL that way yet though.

I havent bought a single gold tank, and hey I like the game.....

Had a lot of advise, and stubbornly did all but follow, lose and see that following some advice made me play a tad better. But I'll never be the top player, in obediance.....

That makes it hard to play tactical games with me.....Theré's Always a scouting sniper by that big tree which should be somewere else... :P