Spartans Home

Update

Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 1 month later...

Well old Athlon has desided that a regular AR-15 is not excitement enough so going to build a flat top AR-15 pistol

Ordered this. 11.5 heavy barrel in 5.56mm upper 1 in 9 twist

JSE1205172012_zpsc3b15d96.jpg

It will look something like this when done

pistol_zps4j4oc8kq.jpg

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well good old Athlon decided to go shooten at my good old friend Major moons house, we set up a classic 100 yard range and had 6 1 gallon plastic containers filled with water and some beer cans and some coffie cans to shoot at along with regular targets

Well my long barrel AR was way off, hitting about 3 to 4 feet high, screwed the front sight way out and had the rear sight all the way down before started hitting stuff. Got 3 to 4" grouping free stile standing. buy pod was a mascure on the beer cans.. Fired some 350 rounds of mixed 62 grain and 55 grain FMJ ammo. Shot like a fricken fantastic rifle it is. Very powerfull! that 556 round is.

The shorty AR only required 2 clicks of up and right on! Tore up the beer cans!!!!! Stuff was flying in the air. Sounded like a fricken war zone.

Shot 250 rounds of 230 grain .45 FMJ out of the old sweet hart and was hitting beer cans at 100 yards. and Major moon witnessed that so no dissbeleaf of that! Had so much fun diden't want to stop, but ran out of ammo. Can't wait to do it again soon. DAM THAT WAS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just ask major moon Or one of you diss belevers can stand out at 100 yards and I will shoot one off the top of your head, any takers? LOL!

Next time I go I will vid it for you pilgrims Care to make some wagers?

And for you Custard old friend I dragged out the old british enfeild I have chambered in 7.62x51 and fired 30 or so rounds of that, that 10 round mag it has gave some trouble feeding, need to stretch the follower spring in it, or get a new mag for it. Shot ok nothing to write home about. I like the 03 springfield or 98 mauser better in a bolt rifle.

And next you will tell me they diden't make that rifle in that caliber at the royal enfeild arsnel.

Buy the way the sights on it suck, theres no windage adjustment on it.

Major moon pulled out his trick Mini 30 and a old sks and we flat had a good time. Next time I go old friend I will vid it for you.

I started shooting at age 7 I fired a few rounds down range. 10 million or so.LOL!

I did take a pic or 2 real quick, we were there to shoot and sight in rifles, Not screw around with camras, its the first time fireing the long barrel AR, here it is cooling off after a 30 round mag of 62 grain ammo. Remember I built this from a kitt of parts. Its brand new

HPIM1711_zps4d47g5x9.jpg

HPIM1712_zpstq9xkpz0.jpg

We shot some bloons and that fella in the cammo shirt was mixing up explodeing targets, they are 3" in diameter in a white round tin with the orange dot on it at 100 yards. it took a few rounds at 100 yards but I hit it and a very BIG boom! Fun!

The long Ar with a 1 in 7 twist barrel fired anything I put in it real well, even some steel case tru ammo well. the shorty with the 1 in9 twist barrel didn't like the 62 grain bullets. it woulden't eject all the way, and jammed, but it liked the 55 109 ammo great. They say that the 1 in 7 barrels are better for a wider range of different bullets and the 1 in 9 are for the lighter bullets, I believe it now. That shorty is one bad machine! swings fast and fires fast. A good room clearer. And real good at 100 yards as well. Same size as a tompson smg but 3 times more powerfull in volicty and harder to control in rapid fire.