Spartans Home

Thinking of purchasing the AEGIS REDEEMER w/ LTI -- first step into Star Citizen

Phisher~SPARTA~

Hey!

So between buying a house and a new job I have been incredibly busy lately. But - I have been keeping a close watch on Star Citizen and noticed that they are offering this ship:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Redeemer-LTI

It comes with Lifetime Insurance if you order before November 10th. Obviously, a high price tag but since I haven't purchased anything for Star Citizen yet I wanted to see if you veterans think this might be a good idea, or if I should go with a cheaper ship for the time being? I like the idea of the gunship, instead of purely a fighter or transporter.

Thoughts?

I like it, that said Im not 100% sure this should be a first purchase. Remember ALL ships of every type will be available in game to purchase when the PU goes live. The only thing you get for your big money at this stage is LTI, IMO its not worth the price tag for that. Insurance is not going to be that much of an issue. LTI was a big selling point at the start of the crowdfund because every ship came with it from the humble Aurora upto the Idriss.

Honestly if your getting into SC now just go for one of the smaller ships with Beta Access and Arena Comander pass, Non of the ships give you full Alpha now but you will be able to purhase the FPS Module and Planetside Module when they come out.

That being said if you do get one i call shotgun!

So I had gone ahead and purchased the Redeemer as I liked how it looked and I think it would fill a nice role with a group of us playing. It looks like yesterday that boosted the stats a bit which is nice to see as when compared to other ships it really didn't justify the cost. Here is the updated weapon system:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14291-Test-Drive-The-Origin-M50-Racer

CLASS-1 2× (2x S2) – 2x Omnisky IV Laser Cannon} CLASS-3 2× (5x S4) – 2× (5x Talon ASIM-20/c Stalker V per rack) CLASS-4 Unmanned twin turret (nose) (2x S3) – 2x KA 11-Series Broadsword (S3) CLASS-4 Unmanned twin turret (flanks) (2x S4) – 2x Kroneg FL-33 (S4) CLASS-5 Manned top twin turret (2x S3) – 2x KA 11-Series Broadsword (S3) CLASS-5 Manned bottom twin turret (2x S3) – 2x KA 11-Series Broadsword (S3)