Spartans Home

Halloween is allmost apon us

Some folks decorate for xmass, I like to do Halloween, This year, after the last 3 years of slowly buying effects stuff like black lights and the like. I had so much fun as a kidd on Halloween, I thought I would make it fun for kids now days

Going to do it a bitt better this year, making a lot of fake head stones and going to set up 2 small grave yards, im going to put up motion detectior lights so when they walk buy the lights come on showing the grave yards.

Have 2 smoke machines, 5 black lights, 2 green motion spot lights, strobe lights from fire truck. For lighting

Making body bags out of news paper and plastic bags. So we are making all kinds of stuff. I will vid it and I think it will be cool.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Took sheets of cardboard and cut them into 4" wide strips, and took a magic marker and drew simulated wood grain on them and stapled gun them over the windows to simulate boarding up the windows. got 4 windows done, looks good, takes lots of work.

Made 20 or so head stones out of card board, cut them out and spray painted them, some black, with white lettering, some silver with black lettering, on the silver ones, took a can of blood red spray paint and sprayed into the cap and then splashed it on the head stones to simulate blood splatter.

Hope I have enough extension cords for all the lighting.

Found out how to do ground fog using fog machine, get a cheap Styrofoam cooler and clear plastic dryer vent hose, runn the hose thru the cooler at bottom and fill with ice. Put the fog machine right up to the hose on one end, it makes the fog cold so it sinks to the ground and is just over the ground.

Only have 2 fog machines, so I hope its not windy Friday night. Fog is really cool in the strobe lights, have 4 xion strobe bulbs on a 8 channel strobe driver, can do up to 8, but only have 4 bulbs. I have 2) 8 channel strobe drivers, if I had the bulbs could do up to 16 bulbs, I think that would be to much flashing.

HPIM1662_zpsff11bdbd.jpg

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Sounds like you've got a lot of preparation going into this. All we've got around here is a plastic pumpkin with a light bulb inside that we place out front and plug in via an extension cable. Maybe next year I'll actually bother to do a proper job of things. Have a good Halloween.