Spartans Home

Latest intel on Takedown Red Sabre

Forrester~SPARTA~

I loaded the game yesterday and the exact second i closed the game i got the email on my phone with the above video.

glad he's said all that stuff, a lot of that they can't say while developing. early access on steam would have been great IMHO.

• 8 months later...

Yeh Christian showed me Epsilon when I was in LA a few weeks ago :)

It's a first person tactical shooter with graphics kind of like borderlands, but not quite as cartoony - so it's a little different.

Where it is getting a lot of interest is planning stage (!) and total control of AI squad, ie set them up to breach and clear and heaps more. It's worth a look, especially as you're getting the full game free if you kickstarted Takedown.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I've tried Epsilon and it's certainly an improvement on Takedown. I'm not convinced on the graphics yet, although I enjoy that style with Borderlands I feel that this should have a little more realism to it but that may change.

The planning stage is a welcome addition, very GR and R6. It's not perfect yet, I've had a few attempts go wrong when squad members didn't follow the plan but that could of course, be my poor planning!

It's a good start and hopefully a solid game on full release. MP should be fun I think.

Hmmm, it just doesn't FEEL right to me. Interstellar Marines FEELS right, you can feel the movement and weight is correct and you FEEL the right size and weight in the environment. OGR had this. Epsilon just doesn't get it right plus the Team mates AI is retarded and the animation of the Opfor still feels like it's in slow motion.

Tbh after all the patches it steel feels like they are going backwards. A real shame as the planning phase is great.