Spartans Home

Self-defense

Extra grip backs (they change the size of the grip so that you can somewhat customize it to your grip)

20141017_145443_zpsb14fc320.jpg

Another couple of views of the paddle holster

20141017_145455_zpseb925cbf.jpg

20141017_145503_zps0906093b.jpg

The weapon with the Slide pulled back and in the locked position with the magazine removed (two views)

20141017_145527_zps13d0f558.jpg

20141017_145556_zps09726ca1.jpg

This view shows the pin indicator (when it is visible as in the photo here, the gun is cocked and ready to fire, though it may not have a round in the chamber)

20141017_145638_zpsebb6d5fc.jpg

My fat ass in my work clothes with blazer:

20141017_150543_zps9d08b6ae.jpg

Exposing weapon in paddle holster.

20141017_150605_zps072d9c5f.jpg

NOT A FIRING STANCE, I REPEAT, NOT A FIRING STANCE! I was just pulling it out and starting to initiate the holding position for firing, but the wife snapped the photo before I was sighting down the weapon.

20141017_150635_zps47447b14.jpg

Paddle holster as worn.

20141017_150825_zps550ed66d.jpg

Magazine holder as worn with easy loader attached (neither of which will I normally wear).

20141017_150850_zpsa2563cd5.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the photos and I apologize for the glare in a few of them. Wife positioned me in front of the window with glare in many of the photos.

So far, I am very happy with this purchase, but it hasn't been fired yet and I go to the range tomorrow for concealed carry permit class and to fire it some for fun.

Nice but you don't need that bulky two extra mags ...For god sake if ya did not hit them with the first 3 shots then ya need to be finding an egress anyhow haha.

See, I approve of the sidearm just not something that makes it uncomfortable (loc of extra mags) when sitting in chair, Ya should have bought a Beretta they are moving to Tennessee but what can I say I own a Ruger.

Nice choice. I was going to buy the XDM .45 for my in-the-nightstand weapon but the wife didn't like how it felt in her hand so we ended up going with the FN FNX 9mm. Since it was "her" first weapon, she was a little intimidated by the .40's and .45's. I don't mind, just gives me an excuse to buy another one later on for myself. Haha.

I've also been browsing choices for my conceal carry weapon since we've moved down here to Florida - first place I've lived I've had the option to conceal carry. Haven't decided on one yet, though. Being a short and skinny guy makes it difficult to conceal carry in typical Florida attire.

Springfeild the oldest and best armory ever made in the U.S. I thought you only did corperate type law.

Springfeild Armory was the first gun mfger in the U.S. it was set up buy none outher then George Washinton to produce arms for the colonal army.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I had concealed carry permit class this morning and as a part of it we went to the range. I shot 50 rounds of range ammo plus 4 rounds of hollow point ammo (to see the difference in how that ammo would feel, since it is the hollow points that will be loaded for defensive purposes), then the instructor handed me his weapon (a .38 cal match pistol with a 5 round magazine) and two mags to shoot. That ends up being 64 rounds total. All rounds were shot at 15 yards (45 feet).

All 64 rounds hit target. You can count the holes yourself if you don't believe me, but take care as some are double holes (you can tell by the slightly peanut shape).

Here it is:

20141018_120352_zpsd69dc7ec.jpg

Not sure which picture is better, so here is a second picture:

20141018_120403_zps925a5be8.jpg

Try hitting a paper plate at 100 feet, then you know your good. 15 yards is a joke to shoot. You will get better with practice .Hold it the same way every time you shoot it. Shoot the same ammo every time you shoot it.

You will see the group tightin up with practice. Give up on 15 yards. go to 25 yards and then to 100 feet

When you can group 12" at 100 feet, that's good enough

I can group 12" at 100 yards with my ruger super black hawk 7 1/2" barrel .44 mag

My brother and I allways shoot our .45 autos at 100 feet all the time, we put our targets on the range back stop mound way-way-way behind the 25 yard point. And tear the crap out of standard large paper plates.

Wacth this film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro7N7dAmjLY

Fuck both of you two. I challenge you to get that grouping. Show us your proof. 15 yards is 45 feet with a pistol is a damn good grouping. Especially considering that ten of the lower 12 shots were with the instructor's gun which was a match .38 shooting wadcutter ammo.

Trolls will be trolls.

I do agree with practicing more, though. But I'd say that is a generally good rule for anyone who owns and especially carries a weapon. The grouping could be better, but you didn't buy that pistol to be a match weapon. I'd be more inclined to say the exact opposite of Athlon. Practicing even at 15 yards for conceal carry purposes is pointless. Even with Florida laws, I'd imagine shooting someone that far away could be tricky to defend with "stand your ground".

I'd suggest more close range targets, quick draw-and-acquire drills, and practicing your draw from the various outfits you will normally be wearing with the weapon. Those are far more pertinent to your intent. Also, if you'll be carrying while out with the wife and kids, I'd highly suggest developing and rehearsing a plan with them if a situation were to unfold while they were present. (ie: making sure they know where you carry, how their position relative to you could hinder your draw, making sure they don't freeze in the moment in a position between you and the "bad guy", etc)

Just things to think about.

LOL never one to support Cy but anything beyond 15 yards how likely is that? The grouping you got without much practice you would have got the job done.

I had Marksman qualification at 15 with a .303 Lee Enfield gave me bragging rights to other 15 year olds nothing more.

For what it's worth, (though I cussed Steel and Athlon more for fun than anything else) I fired one round per second, other than the time it took to change mags. I wasn't firing for accuracy per se, though any shooting you want to hit your target. Rather, I was shooting to familiarize myself with the weapon. If I need to use it in defense, it will be a quick pull and multiple shots fired, not a steady aimed one at a time shot like you might do if you were qualifying for some contest or attempting to score a very accurate round of fire.

Well you do what you want to do, take what ever advice you want, Speed fireing is all right in a panic condition, im only trying to help you hit what you aiming at

Ive been a avid shooter ever sence I was 10 years old before that, fireing .22s at 8 years old. I was shooting 9mm at 10 years old. I owned my first 9mm at 10.

I have been shooting every weekend for 15 years rain or shine. CONSTANT! I have been shooting for 40+ years now. I have fired more guns and shot more ammo and reloaded more ammo then any pencial neck geek has ever seen . I have fired more submachine guns, rifles, hand guns, then most idouts have ever seen.

I have been trained to shoot buy a FBI agent when I was 10 years old.

I don't need to prove anything, I know what I can do.

I can do what I say I can do. I can pull my .45 out and just point it and hit at 100 feet. I am one with the gun.

So when you fire a few more 10 thousand rounds, then you start to might see what Steel and I are talking about.

Its called being one with the gun. You shoot it so much you know where its going to hitt and when you get there you don't even need to use the sights, just point and hit from 0-100 feet

So my advice to you my friend is to shoot- shoot-shoot-shoot-shoot. get good with it. because you may not have a second chance when the real shit hits the fan.

If you happen apon fellas like Steel and I, we can head shot at a city block distance. or I know I can, We don't need to get close. Don't engauge us in a hand gun fight, we know who will walk away and who will be dead!.

If one needs proof that its possible then check out this fella bob mondon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tied-t1fFsk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7HN7THecwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HzCnymSugQ

Im not as good as bob, but I can hitt

We should try and keep this civil yeah.

Repetition in all thing makes us better at what we are doing and learning with that said

a carry weapon is not for a gun fight at the ok corral it is for personal defense that would likely never

happen (knock on wood) but if it did happen the aggressor would probably not be down the road

they would be in your face or within your general area, now Zombies hey man that's a whole different tactic.

Well What ever. Try and help fellows and get adversity. Don't be mad at people that may be better at a perticluar skill and just maybe better then outhers due to they have done it longer, practiced more ,and have good eye to hand skills. Practice for another 10 years and shoot about 10 thousand rounds and maybe you will get there. I really don't care if im beleved or not. proof is in the pudding. I won't be drawn into a petty dissagreament trying to help a fellow member. That's true, most gun fights happen close up and far away. If you practice enough you won't have to use sights, just point and hit. And sence there is adversity tward me then-- Bugger off mates!

Just don't shoot your foot off.