Spartans Home

Space Engineers

custard~SPARTA~

Update 01.050

Summary
Blueprints have been added in Space Engineers. Players can now save their ship or station on a blueprint and paste it into their game. This was one of the most demanded features by the community, so we feel happy that it is finally in the game. We hope that players will enjoy this as well.
Blueprints can also be uploaded and shared on Steam Workshop. They work only when copy/paste is enabled. At the moment, blueprints can be used only in creative mode, but later in the future they will be added for survival as well. Welders (both ship and character) will be able to 'place' blocks according to blueprints.

Features
- Blueprints (F10, Ctrl+B)

Fixes
- fixed reduced distance for placing objects in survival mode
- fixed issue when a dead player could still remotely control ships
- fixed ore detector showing ore when owned by someone else
- fixed mod api enums not allowed
- fixed crash when changing ownership
- fixed mod api - 147 script error due to 'the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'
- fixed cockpit lockout after RCing a ship
- fixed hand tools not working after RCing a ship
- fixed colour palette resetting

EDIT 10/03/2014:
Update 01.050.010
- fixed slender man
- fixed crash in modded character caused by different number of bones
- fixed crash caused by meteors hitting asteroid
- fixed crash when using unsupported characters in blueprint name

Update 01.051

Summary
Adding new asteroids in creative mode is now possible in Space Engineer. Players can select the asteroid type, materials and then place it into the world. Another new addition is the scrap metal items. When a component, either floating object or in block, is damaged, it is turned into scrap metal (the percentage of scrap metal is random). Scrap metal can be melted in the refineries to create iron ingots. Also, remote turret control has been added; players are now able to control turrets directly

Features
- adding new asteroids in creative mode (SHIFT+F10)
- scrap metal item (can be processed in refinery into iron)
- remote turret control

Fixes
- fixed hand animation during the block placement
- fixed issue with transparent asteroid
- fixed ore detector info persisting between sessions
- fixed wrongly scaled model of large reactor
- fixed G-screen automatically closing when another player died
- fixed ModAPI IMyInventory.TransferItemTo freezing the game
- fixed ModAPI CustomNameChanged crash
- fixed ModAPI ConfigDedicated.Load exception

• 2 weeks later...

Update 01.053

Summary
In this update, we added an advanced rotor block that is able to function as a conveyor system and also implemented the option to mod sounds.
The second important implementation is bug fixing. As Marek Rosa has already written in his latest blog-post, the game is entering into a stabilization period where the amount of new features will be reduced and the focus will be mainly on bug fixing and stabilization of the things that are already in the game. This doesn’t mean that weekly updates will stop coming or that we are not going to add new features any more. This is just a temporary transition period that will last for a few weeks. There are still many big and important features to be added, but first we want to make sure that the game is free of bugs and in a much more stable state before we start implementing them.
Features
- advanced rotor block
- sound modding
Fixes
- fixed memory leaks in character, raycasts and asteroids
- fixed small ship piston dummies
- fixed render interpolation issues
- fixed crash to desktop when pasting blueprint
- fixed floating object size (components, ore)
- fixed issue with not functional landing gears
- fixed missing curved conveyor glass
- fixed crash when clicking on faction
- fixed issue when player can't create an asteroid map
- fixed issue with explosions in older worlds caused by changed rotor offset
- fixed game crash when declaring war and proposing peace
- fixed spotlights not illuminating the area correctly

• 2 weeks later...

slightly surprised that this is going retail this week, i know a lot of games are released unfinished these days, but pretty sure SE is still in early access / alpha on Steam. they are currently in their bug fixing stage, but the game must have gone gold weeks back to be ready for in-store release. hopefully they are still committed and continue their good work :]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so after thinking for a long time about wanting a welding head attached to a hose/to the base itself so i wouldn't have to keep grabbing resources every 20 mins, Adder joins the server and says that it would be great to have a welding head attached to the base so that the resource thing would be easier, then 5 mins later he's only gone and built one, works first time flawless, well done sir!

IGgCuim.jpg

Edited by PANiC

Do you guys have a dedicated server for this game? I have been following SE since it's first release and have been playing it for about a year, I didn't think to come and check to see if Sparta was engineering in space, lol. I would like to play, give me info.

Update 01.058 – Projector block, Bugfixing #5

Summary
Projector block has been added - players are now able to project blueprints and weld the projection. Please read the Projector Guide below for more detailed info. We are also continuing our bugfixing period. The good news is that a big amount of bugs have been already fixed, or are about to be fixed within the next days, but there are still a few more major bugs and our team is working hard on fixing them.

Features
- projector block
- option to use blueprints menu (F10) and save blueprint (Ctrl+B ) in survival mode
- possibility to display pivot point of the grid (Terminal -> Info -> Show grid pivot)
- turrets are not shooting armor on friendly ships; this applies to other blocks with no ownership as well
Fixes
- fixed MWM builder resetting pivot rotation and position of models
- fixed custom gatling gun shooting itself
- fixed game crash when changing ownership as block is destroyed
- fixed thruster damage not working on cargo container
- fixed wrong collision model of antenna
- fixed crash when placing sniper turret (mod)
Projector Guide
Projector block, blueprints in survival mode:
- players can select a blueprint to project in the projector control panel
- projection can be moved around (set horizontal/vertical/forward offset and set yaw/pitch/roll)
- players can see the build progress and statistics for the projected ship/station on the projector control panel
- players are able to use the blueprint's menu (F10) and save blueprints (Ctrl+ B) in survival mode
Projection:
- only one grid is supported (grids behind rotor are not projected)
- grid size of the blueprint must match the grid size of the projector (you can project large ship and station blueprints only from the large projector block. Small projector block can project only small ship blueprints)
- projection has no physics and it is not triggering sensors
- projection is always attached and aligned to the projector grid and moves with it
Welding + Placing:
When starting a ship from scratch, make sure to align the hologram to the projector and start adding blocks that are next to the projector (or to blocks connected to the projector). Blocks that will be valid for construction will be highlighted. You can also check the info panel of the projector for any warnings.
- projected blocks can be placed/welded when projected block is in range of a welder
- only blocks neighboring with existing blocks can be placed
- when the projected block is colliding with anything else, it cannot be placed
- it's possible to project a blueprint on any existing ship, to repair/rebuild it
Projector orientation:
Upper side (marked with +):
SpaceEngineers_2014-11-272.jpg
Front side (marked with |):
SpaceEngineers_2014-11-271.jpg
Note: The projectors do not support blueprints with rotors and pistons at the moment. In case they are used, the projector selects the larges grid and projects only that one. We will continue to work on the projector block - as usual with every new block, this is just the first iteration and work in progress. Thanks for your understanding and for your help!
Edited by PANiC

I have a couple of ideas for the main base. This is just a little aide memoire for me.

1 Small ship Grinding room. It could be a glass box with one door (rotors or piston), Grinders on the bottom and top (with one piston). Fly the small ship in, close the door and Grind it away. Because we can build small ship so quickly now we can recover the resources of discarded and out of date designs. Exterior control block - Door(s), Pistons, Grinders. This is what we had before but the box will stop loose parts wandering off causing mayhem. The Ultra Grinder is too big for Small Ships.

2 Small ship Projector/Building room, again possibly a glass box big enough to accommodate reasonable size small ships, 2 weld walls on pistons, small projector, cockpit and mounting arm.

3 The stargate teleporter could be integrated into the medical area or adjacent to it, which in turn could be made into a proper enclosed room.

Give some though to an optimal layout for the base if its host asteroid is completely removed/drilled away.

Update 01.060 – Sound block, New skybox, Bugfixing #7

Summary
The sound block has been added - it can reproduce predefined sounds such as alarm, siren for announcements, etc. Also, we have replaced the old Skybox with a brand new one! This change has been made as a part of the preparations for the future updates that Marek has mentioned on his latest blog post about exploration and super large worlds.

Modding Guide for sound block: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354444565

Features
- sound block
- new skybox

Fixes
- fixed projector loses orientation after power loss
- fixed issue with cooperating assemblers resetting build progress on master assembler
- fixed issue with antennas that were set OFF were working after loading
- fixed timers, cockpits and other blocks which could not be welded in projection
- fixed crash caused by same object being added twice
- fixed crash when saving in remote control or camera and reloading the game

A lot of useful blocks have been added over the last six months, the fighter uses reloadable rocket launchers that did not exist when I started playing in August comes to mind. You can even fire them without blowing yourself up. Blueprints and projector have helped a lot especially for building utility ships My 15x15 driller doesnt slow the server much when drilling, whereas before it would have slowed the server to unplayable levels, we have even used a 31x31 driller without completely killing the server, although it does slow down a lot

No the AI are the same but we can add our own ships to the list that the AI can spawn. Its not about the fighting for me, although I was happy to design ships capable of defeating the AI, grabbing them and feeding them to the 900 head grinder. Every now and again we fight each other using our designs, but we only do that in creative mode, since my ships take me weeks to build I wouldnt be happy about losing them or badly damaging them in survival mode. Slains Warship with 22 rapid firing rocket launchers (not to mention a vast array of turrets ) does a lot of damage, fixing that damage in survival mode would take hours if not days.

All of my ships were built in survival mode on the server.

Update 01.061 – Netgraph, Bugfixing #8

Summary
Netgraph has been added. This will help players to check their connection status with the server. It can also be used by non-dedicated servers to check the amount of used bandwidth. Another addition that we did is the option to disable block deformation and destruction (in world settings).
Warning: Players will experience long loading times when loading a world that was created before update 01.060. This happens only for the first time (save a map and the loading time should be back to normal for that map next time). We already fixed long loading times in cases of creating a new world, but there are still some issues with asteroids and their size - we are working on improving this as well.
Features:
- net graph (CTRL+H)
- destructible blocks option in world settings (Enables/disables blocks deformation and destruction for the map. If disabled, no blocks can be damaged or destroyed)
Fixes
- fixed ore detector detecting ore when there was none*
- fixed freeze when grinding
- fixed no message when character crosses the limit world
- fixed piston missing in assembler
- fixed crash in Havok constraints (aka random crash)
- fixed crash in render
- fixed HUD overlapping when in ship
- fixed issue when player could not create new large/small ship grid
- fixed issue with arrow keys not working properly with sliders
- fixed issue with sound of working assembler still running when assembler was not working
*Warning: in order to see this change you will have to create a new world and save it, also precision of ore detector is still work-in-progress

• 2 weeks later...

Space Engineers has moved to infinite space!!!

The server has been reset to take advantage of this, we have included some of our industrial ships and a few military ships as well.

Adder I have fueled all the ships that I saw that had run out. I am in the process of sorting out the conveyors of the stock base which was created before conveyors existed,

Get them drillers working, we need resources.