Spartans Home

Space Engineers

custard~SPARTA~

Actually Adder and I have had a bit of an arms race, which I always lose. Whatever I come up with Adder anticipates and counters. I would have to build a death star to beat Adders Dreadnought, however a brace of smaller ships, like the Broadsword. do have a chance. Having said that Adder has probably already devised a counter for that too.

Still having problems with my guns hitting my own ship!!! 

Adder has been working on an energy weapon mod. It is big and in some forms capable of orbital annihilation. Here is one we shoehorned into one of my destroyers (a broadsword replacement). This includes a lot of reactors in as compact a form as we could manage.

74DFB77CC9246E477353A6CEFFBC358DFA69B19E

This is the ship we squeezed it into.

462B888DF698437872F9CA7742E76D0937E11B97

Its is a tight fit

842E5454D6EE64CF4C724BE8582C7C084F78C1BC

50E924D3048E5072FA348E189B167665737B33D0

This is the business end

AF2E8B9C51E90FC8F8DE27D8CD2867E13855E649

In testing it proved very destructive, I'll let Adder discuss its potential.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't added a safe zone yet.

J and I worked on some interiors (crew quarters) and I didn't notice any slow down.

I added the latest elevators by VCZ, its really cool.

I was thinking of scrapping the refinery complex and replacing it with the a turret for your gun so we can shoot the planet.

Latest update, added docking extensions. 

A5603BC8F57BD8CB23BACEA20356B16CD80F7EDA

There are a bunch of refineries in one of the pods so we can scrap the complex. Look forward to adding the turret.

I have been working on the glass sections between the upper and lower pods, using them to add a barracks with beds, bathrooms, armoury, kitchen and large dining area in the outer sections and a large cryo area in the center section.

All of the glass sections are connected directly to the center via passageways.

E8DC0D3354CD76E526F4FEB3652A50C4507F802A

53DC3E969EB486CA6B805212ADCEF1EABD4A2A32

Thanks Adder I didnt manage to snag it yesterday. Worked on it a bit more. added a bunch of chargers for your weapon and tested it. As I think about it though it is a relatively limited weapon (the station) since it can only hit the planet. So maybe I should put one on top as well.

I am continuing to work on the "Ring" station. 

54A71261701A8D785048AAE4590A6811AF29D901

I have added 1 small ship landing pad (and will probably add 3 more)

2EE07EC0EBF6D1FECEC7672CCAB4BF6CDA17EFB3

I have added an internal refinery complex using Adders 10x refineries and sorters

4C4451BB091B6D540BBD36025494E69F0B3AE5DB

I have added several "barracks" with beds. bathrooms, mess hall, lockers and armories.

A1108446956DEB44A012522002923AD1B9C5880C

As one would expect there is an area for more senior staff with individual quarters and dining area.

196DB8E61159EF1EFC55B7312CD90DA1F8AA8080

There is an area dedicated to cryo chambers, but I wonder if it is appropriate for a fixed station.

22E64156CF8F7184D81888D911426D085C061109

Finally there is a medical ward, although this is a work in progress.

6BB27B629FAD8A2F1BEE3AC7C00E7B4904C7CF3D

Nice work man!

Yer i had thought a gun on the top could be useful, maybe using short range charges and pulse as an anti ship defense weapon.

There was an older version of the rotor mod which had looked at before. could be cool for building rotating stations you can fly though.

looking big inside now, gonna have to throw up a few maps and some way to not get lost ha ha! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OK Custard - 

I have been somewhat busy at the starting base. I have built a small rover and have found several iron and nickel deposits. We need magnesium and silver for metal grates/medical supplies etc. 

I like the new research mechanic! Although an easy way to cheat is to partly disassemble something in the tech tree that you don't have - then rebuild it :) Grants you auto access. 

Things have progressed. We now have bases on Earth and on an Asteroid above Earth I am continually amazed at what Cent and Hunter build and what they are able to teach me about the game 😀

@Cent~SPARTA~ and @Hunter~SPARTA~ I am going to ask @Luggage~SPARTA~ for the following changes and mods if you do not agree or have any additional mods or changes let me know/put them here.

Increase block inventory to 3x (we always use to have both inventories at 3x and it's what most of our ships were built for, I think)

Increase Sun rotation time to 480 minutes (it bothers me looking at a solar array moving too fast whilst chasing the Sun)

570766287 midspace's small ship speed 500m/s mod

570767389 midspace's large ship speed 400m/s mod

1711861968 VCZ cargo lift

1154898843 VCZ lift

1359954841 Rotary airlock door

415051704 Large armoured gates

As it is highly unlikely Luggs will read this or indeed 'make a post' I will send a pm via Steam 👍

I cant look at these pictures, man there be a lot to do for me..... (un) fortunately im very busy at work atm. 

I'd like a simple base where I can experiment, and ask for help if needed. Offline I tried some things but I destroy too many vehicles, and my materials are running short (cant find gold for instance, and since I dont have the ore detector 101...…)

If I were you, I would learn how to build by setting the world to Survival, then, using the admin feature, enable creative tools. This will allow you to learn all the mechanics realistically but forego hunting for minerals and welding. This will speed up your learning process. Use it as a learning tool, so that you can participate in survival from a better knowledge base.

Yep, survival with creative tools is definitely the way to get a feel for the game without the complexity of managing resources.

Even for an experienced player, managing a survival game while playing solo is very tedious. Just starting out, you're absolutely going to crash a lot of ships. We all did. Even when the game is working perfectly, ships don't always perform the way you think they're going to. There are also massive margins for human error. Plus the mandatory sacrifices to the diety Clang.

If you already have a survival save started, load it up, hit ALT+F10 to open the Admin Menu, and then check the "Enable creative mode tools" and I would also suggest the "Invulnerable" box as well. With creative tools, you don't need materials in your inventory, when you place an object it is automatically complete. No welding required. You can also right click a block to instantly remove it. With Invulnerable, you don't have to worry about oxygen or energy for your character; the bars can be completely empty and everything is still fine. You can also use Shift+F10 to open the Spawn Item menu. You can use this to fill ship inventories to get a feel for how it will perform fully laden.

On 3/30/2020 at 12:04 PM, Forrester~SPARTA~ said:

I cant look at these pictures, man there be a lot to do for me..... (un) fortunately im very busy at work atm. 

I'd like a simple base where I can experiment, and ask for help if needed. Offline I tried some things but I destroy too many vehicles, and my materials are running short (cant find gold for instance, and since I dont have the ore detector 101...…)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1441610076

This is a link to Adders mod that includers the ore detector with longer range, subscribe to it and add it to your offline save