Spartans Home

Space Engineers

custard~SPARTA~

If you mean battery duration, days on a full charge, a lot less if climbing a steep mountain. That's why I wanted to build these vehicles, on a high G world it might be more efficient than flying. I just need the mats to build a wind generator tower then I can stop and recharge.

Nice work Z! liking the habitat pod looks reminds me of Thunderbird 2!Ā 

I wonder if you could bridge the rotors with merge blocks so it would allow the whole design to be printed and then the merge blocks cut off?

yer i look back and the pic i put up had a couple of things going on. on the left, i was trying to build a tank track with rotors and blast doors but had no success. and on the right was the mod im playing with. adding an option to have a smaller 3x3 suspension with a 5x5 wheel, also planning a variant where instead of the suspension you have a rotor with a wheel and doesn't has any steering and suspension, so would be a more compact option for a drive wheel.Ā 

also adding mount points on the wheels so you can double up the wheels

Ā 

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is is in action

42B2E8E68B37FB3F4EF8466FE623350669D736B4

The battleship I made is pretty OP and is probs verging on the capital ship size. although saying that i played a bit with the corruption mod on and there's a dangerous encounter that has a shielded drone with an energy cannon and the battleship only just wins that fight, with a lot of holes in it.

I figured out how to convert the Heavy armour on the broadsword to light quickly.Ā 

Find the BP locally :Ā C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints\local

There will be a folder there for each BP., in this case, it would be "Ā BroadSword IIIa " make a copy of this either in the folder or somewhere else I called it. "BroadSword IIIa - Light armor"

The 2 files you will need to edit are "bp.sbc" and "bp.sbcB4" will open with notepad i use notepad++.

Then use the replace function to remove the word "Heavy" in both files. I used Find and replace and just left the replace field blank. then save both files.

Move the folder back into the blueprint local and then launch the game!

My internet is back in action, but now my family will be visiting for the next 2 weeks so I still will not be around much.

Ā 

However yesterday Add and I had some fun building vectored thrust ships that can carry the habitat pod from the wheeled vehicle. They operate in space and the atmosphere (Ion and hydrogen thrusters).

Ā 

This is my version

Ā 

4D3460D860EB80FE47EB3F770DA5933A8524CFDA

Ā 

74D892DD7973F902AF392C08A66745475B643A54 (3440ƃĀ—1440)

Following on from Zenos vector drop ship this my take on it. I very much had thunderbird 2 in the back of my mind whole building

Ā 

Here it is empty

CE4FC018BEE344AAD9F9F19C078F22D661FF5C1F

And carrying Zenos Habitatpod

740096AEA72D408D490385305D2B5FC18EA0FBF2

Ā 

and its small ship siblingĀ 

1E7B760B4AF084912E16993143E468C9FD15CC09

279F45C8C24DBCFAB6B05ABBD6D10E7FE066A281

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

All ships use the vector thrust 2 script and can fly in planets and atmos

Ā 

Edited by adder360~SPARTA~

Been doing some tidying up on the Large vector dropship and a modular base concept. basically, I'm quite lazy and CBA building massive bases that look nice so i thought id make a few base sections and then could paste them together as required. i wanted them Airtight with plumbingĀ and lighting and everything grouped and easy to rename.

5C3D5D60E10816E47487F856DA73D1FB6E40664F

So there are a few basic modules ive made. and also adapted Zenos habitat POD to have a small ship hanger airlock and an interface for the modular base system.

C3BD2AA3A10029803ECA24A8F56CAED1BE6CAD62

the idea being that it can be either dropped on a planet or plopped somewhere in space and it can be the start of a base. (has a parachute so can be dropped safely from a height.)

66918F719C80814F974775964FF9F83ACA26CC03

Started to be used to make the fleet home base.

5A33E6D95AD7151E946E7A7D6AB767A133523348

Ā 

Tunnels and life support modules to provide gravity and air to the base.

A0415725327792C9DC3BAC584258CFD88CA97180

And bulkheads to divide up the base in case of breaches/ block off sections for future expansions.Ā 

BA492CA6256BB5707AE14D066AF5BAE1A91D3543

Ā 

once im happy with it i think ill make a collection of the blueprints for people to use if you fancy.Ā 

Great to see your ship Adder it will be truly awesome.

Ā 

I fixed the thruster issue on my pocket battleship the indefatigable, still more work to do, especially finding the script that stops the ship carving itself up!!

Ā 

Here it is giving Dannyboy a pasting with the pulse turrets

Ā 

EAE2593BFF097A8A750A7B333E225B803292A66A

Ā 

Here it is firing a pulse from its nose cannons

Ā 

A7C24353410EE9DFB61C28ADBD86D0461112B7C6

Thanks Adder, I will try that today.

Ā 

Actually I am having a bit of trouble withĀ the turrets.Ā 

Ā 

1. When they detect a target they are painfully slow to turn.

2. If I take control (when the turrets turn quickly) I can't fire them with the mouse, I have to take control to aim, but then leave control and select shoot. Even if I activate the weapons from the G menu.

Ā 

I have a station for each turret to make life easier but it still doesn't work.

Ā 

Ā 

I tried smart targeting for the turrets. I enabled smart targeting from the turret menu.

First I tried it for all turrets (6 XB3's and 12 XB1's), result 93-97% cpu usage and 13% sim speed.

Then I tried only the 6 XB3's, it was better but not much.

Let me know how you get on with it.Ā 

I had a quick go with the mod and had simular results. But i think cos the script scans every block in the range of the turret for each turret. Its gets i to performance problems with the more blocks and more guns and more range.Ā 

As these modded guns have quite large rangeĀ and as this adds so much more area is for the script to scan i dont think smart targeting will be suitable.

As for the tracking speed i think that has been set in the info for the turret in the mod. As i note the bigger turrets take time to get on target. And if you move fast enough in say a smaller ship you can evade them.

That being said if you want to get around that you can use a turret slaving script and a targeting turret. As when a script controls your turrets it seems to"jump" them to the target.

Linked a turret and a script bellow.

Im off work tmo should be on during the day hopefully will catch ya and can work on it. Will be cool to see what youve done!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686252385&searchtext=Ma

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672678005&searchtext=turret+slave

Ā 

Adder something weird happened today. Any ship using the old liquid hydrogen mod does not appear when the game is loaded and cannot be brought in from a blue print.

Ā 

I went through the mods I use and it seems to be the liquid hydrogen tanks that cause the problem, I was last able to use the mod last night.

Ā 

Any thoughts?

That is very odd, the only thing i can think of is my game updated yesterday, maybe there were 2 small updates one breaking it and the other fixing it. at least nothing was lost properly.

spent a bit of time playing around with scripts and displaying stuff on some LCDS. Thanks zeno for geting me started.Ā 

33B4A9F812E7581D4D2D41D4C7CEEAA89264BC0EĀ 

im using Auto LCD 2 as well as:

Blarg's Fancy Flight InfoĀ for the displays on the cockpits

Floor Plan Script Mk1Ā surprisingly for the floor plan ha ha

(THYA) Shield HUD ScriptĀ for the sheild status bar

Ā 

all of these can do a lot more so defo plently more playing around to do!

so was mucking about with zeno testing some of our combat ships.

This is the one i was testing, it is my battleship but having undergone a major weapons refit and now will be classed as a dreadnaught (white and red on the right)Ā 

F94ADDC619414114126847E85966683F681948A2

Ā 

Vs. 3 of zenos uprated broadswordsĀ 

79246689D89ACA353161C83FDC25C9174CB3117A

Ā 

The sizes match up and are fairly matched and we had good fun using different tactics to take down the big ship, and in the end, only ended up using 2 broadswords and they were doing very good and with the use of decoys we could take down the big ship with only one taking significant damage. and losing shields.

Ā 

Later on, I was testing a new mod I was working on so I sent the 3 broadswords at me and with them unpiloted, I ran into some power issues with my ship and overloaded my 3GW worth of reactors so was losing weapons and shields a fair bit. but I just survived........... back to the shipyard.......

1F6C3299BA219026DE45500B2337C4571648DB7F