Spartans Home

Space Engineers

custard~SPARTA~

• 3 months later...

I think Space Engineers has finally reached a point where it can be really fun.

This video has sold me on it. I used to build things like this back in the days of Garry's Mod + Space Build + Wiremod, and have been waiting for someone to make a full fledged game on that premise for a long long time.

Do we still have a Space Engineers server running? Anyone want to start playing this again?

Luggage has a DS up it has been crashing a lot recently but today there has been a lot of fixes so you never know

Search for SPARTA, Luggage has attempted some humor by calling it 'Custard rules old' it is survival meteors off unfortunately DS servers will not currently allow clients to save

I thought you would be interested when they introduced the programmable block I would like to use a script called TIM to control inventory, refineries and assemblers but I am buggered if I can get it to work

Crashed server at 10.30pm longest non interrupted gameplay in 6 months (on a DS) ta Luggs.

@ Cent moved most buildings into Bat cave, need your projector autobuild setup moved into Bat cave please note sensors on DS do not work make it push button operated if poss.

I have destroyed the miner 4 times today.

I will build all refineries/storage and operate with TIM now I know how it works.

http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/taledens-inventory-manager.7371928/#post-1286924769

Edited by custard~SPARTA~

@MH6

I would like a script that will switch my miner/welder ship on and off

EG: power down all blocks that use power and put batteries on recharge in one mode and do the opposite in mode two would you be interested in writing this for me?

@MH6

I would like a script that will switch my miner/welder ship on and off

EG: power down all blocks that use power and put batteries on recharge in one mode and do the opposite in mode two would you be interested in writing this for me?

Sure just send me the blueprint for it

• 1 year later...

Luggage has very kindly put up a dedicated server again as the game is out of Alpha and into Beta.

Be warned it is still very flaky in multiplayer using rotors, pistons and lights (sorry Luggs they lagggggggggg servers) is risky at best.

However Cent, Luggs and myself have been building stuff on a Planet, Zeno has popped in and Slain is now building on an Asteroid in view of the planet base we have and will soon have more resources than we have :bleh:

Cent wishes to build a Space Elevator (as this is a survival server good luck with that)

I am building a massive hole in the ground base Luggs thinks I have lost all sense of proportion as it really is big I said the small holes he has dug are cute :banana:

The programming block that has been out for sometime has had the community producing some staggeringly great things one of which is Taledons Inventory Manager see Steam linky thing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546909551

I have even put some of the small ships I build on the Steam Workshop as Blueprints and have outrageously ripped off others scripts for use on said ships these are also on the Steam Workshop (only viewable to my Steam friends please do not take the piss :bowing: )

It is still virtual mechano in space one of the world's greatest toys come and look at the shiz we have built and join in if you feel like, please note Slain actually LOL at the amount of wreckage strewn at the entrance to the hole in the ground this made me chuckle. We all have accidents these are expected all are forgiven enjoy.

I'll probably give it another go. At least until I realize how much time I'm wasting in SE and have to rethink my life, which is usually what happens.

I would welcome your input regarding the scripts I have co opted, currently I connect to a base with my small ship then activate one Programmable block which shuts down its components then activate another Programmable block to wake up my ship when I want to use it.

It would be nice if there was a 'I am connected' function that works and one script could make sleep and wake up on the connected/not connected state. Currently I see that the Islocked thingy for the connector is borked or I just do not understand how to use it.

The 2 scripts I am using should be viewable to any of my Steam friends in the workshop.

SE on planets is a crapton of fun the continual cycle of build stuff break stuff actually never gets old at least for me and Cent.

That space elevator is nuts... my concern would be that it'd probably only work well on a local server, trying that on a dedicated server would probably cause it to randomly explode.

I have to run SpaceEngineers to check out your scripts Custard. Can you post them somewhere like http://hastebin.com? Otherwise I'll try to check them out in the next few days.

I think it is just standard steel block some may be sloped block.

Didn't the elevator run out of building components and keep going up and just topple off the built part of the column?

It's ok MH I believe there is a bug with checking a connectors state with IsLocked I haven't seen a single script with it working on the Workshop. I am playing with a visual script builder http://dco.pe/at the moment even that cannot get IsLocked to work :cheers:

They did a major update 2 weeks ago mostly to improve multiplayer this broke an amazing number of things and there has been daily updates since. Luggage has been working in another part of the country and hasn't been able to update the server every day.

With luck I will be on Saturday evening/nightime.

50KG of Platinum now at the Planetary base ~ 2 hour round trip with Slain having to come refuel my ship mid flight!!!!

Next -

Small space station above planet to act as a resupply depot for the shuttle and a cargo terminal - We will also need a JUMP capable ship to move the bulk material between the moon base and the space station. (slain this should be right up your street!)

• 1 month later...

Having issues with the game, on any of my local saves the game pauses/freezes sometimes up to 30 seconds intermittently.

I have tried the usual reinstal client, graphics drivers clearout and checked temps on my pc hardware no change helped.

Searching for a solution online hasn't helped me, I have not been on Luggages server as its not been up when I have been able to play (first week back at work after my hols was very hard and last weekend was my wedding anniversary) I will try to be on TS this week and weekend.

Thats ok mate RL always comes first :)

Not been on the SE server or even played offline for a few weeks - Luggs server has been down for 3 weeks now so you havent missed anything.