Spartans Home

Graw 2 is dead

Gamespy shut down their servers, affecting many games, including GRAW.

As above there are a few ways to successfully continue playing. A few folks are having issues so I am trying to get around to writing up a guide on how to play online and also solo, but it depends if you are on steam or retail I think.

I have the full retail version,

Ok I installed Game Ranger and that works great and its free, Works real good, seems to work better then the original Graw server lists. Thanks for the help Zeno and Halli. I owe you guys one.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

I have the full retail version,

Ok I installed Game Ranger and that works great and its free, Works real good, seems to work better then the original Graw server lists. Thanks for the help Zeno and Halli. I owe you guys one.

You could maybe save me the hastle of installing GRAW retail on my other PC to check this out....

So, what happens after you do a clean install, and the first time you hit Multiplayer tab, when it asks you for a gamespy login....?

Well I left the game installed, due to I did not want to do a clean install of it again and have to pacth it up and put in all the maps again.

when I try and log in for multiplayer at says it can't connect to server, and connection to server has failed.

Game ranger works great! just click on the game and it starts the game up for you and your friends can connect right away. theres even a chat box to. It buy passes the log in for multi player log in completely, has one draw back, theres a B.S vid add you have to wacth for a little bitt, but that's gone when you join a game or host a server, its sweet!

Install Game Ranger, click on it, start it up and select graw as the game you want, and it has a place for run server, or click on a existing server from the list and the game starts up and joins right away.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Okay mate I'll try it out and write up a guide for all the folks that are left scratching their heads or even worse thinking the game is finished, still great mods for folks to play! Ubisoft should have done an announcement about this though...