Spartans Home

2nd Screen, worth it for new Grid?

Rocky

None as far as the game is concerned afaik. Handy for having TS, gadgets etc open on the other screen while playing though.

Now TRIPLE screen is AWSOME... I'm playing Assetto Corsa in triplescreen and it is AMAZING.

[YT=OsPYce_12A0]

Edited by DaiSan

None as far as the game is concerned afaik. Handy for having TS, gadgets etc open on the other screen while playing though.

Now TRIPLE screen is AWSOME... I'm playing Assetto Corsa in triplescreen and it is AMAZING.

Dai, how have you set up the triple screen off the card? I have been flight simming and would like to do this on another PC.

Dai, how have you set up the triple screen off the card? I have been flight simming and would like to do this on another PC.

Depends on your card, Zeno. I have the ATI 6770 and I have my main screen on HDMI, one screen on DVI, and the third screen I had to get a DisplayPort adapter to plug in the third screen on VGA. I think you can get DisplayPort adapters to something other than VGA, but that was all that my local store had at the time and I didn't want to wait on something to get shipped.

3 x 24" screens, 2 using the DVI ports and 1 using a DVI to HDMI adapter.

Don't even get me started on the shortcomings of the NVidia software or even Windows lack of multi user resolution support.

I just checked my card and it has the connections (2 DVI and 1 HDMI plus something I dont recognize). I have three older monitors so I will give it a bash when I clear my desk a bit , lol. Should be good for flight sims and racing so long as I get a much wider field of view. If I end up with what I normally see on one screen spread over three that will be a waste of time.

What card do you have?

It sounds like a 6 or 7 series Nvidia which means you have 2 x DVI, 1 x HDMI and 1 x Displayport.

You can get a DVI to HDMI adapter for one of the screens, plug the other two into the DVI ports, go into the Nvidia control panel and setup SURROUND, decide if you want Bezel Correction or not and away you go. You WILL notice the difference, it isn't just a stretched image, it is a whole lot wider FOV. Obviously the more the game itself supports triple screen gaming the better it is implemented view wise.