Spartans Home

Bored, need ideas.

Watchman~SPARTA~

As the title suggests, I've run out of games to play that keep me interested & have become bored.

I started gaming with Tomb Raider but really got hooked with OGR. Arma was great but 3 hasn't grabbed too many.

I've tried various SP games but to be honest, I can't be arsed.

I'm at that critical stage of planning a final pc build but I'm struggling to justify it, as I only really enjoy MP stuff but have no real idea who is playing or planning on playing what.

Suggestions on a postcard, please.......

I went back in time and started playing Battlefield 2 again with the GA guys they are currently running the HardJustice mod on there sever :) and we also play Call of Duty Warld at War

About 10 of us have been playing Arma 3 lately - "King of the Hill" mod by Hostile Takeover. Very interesting persistent world concept, all PvP where 3 teams are all fighting for control of the same AO. Probably the first time I've enjoyed Arma 3 repeatably.

• 6 months later...

It's coming up on 7 months and I still can't get any serious interest in games. I've tried various but nothing works, I think I'm too 'old school'. Yearning for the days of OGR.

I'll stay around because you're a fun bunch and have opened my eyes to different views but I just can't play any more.

No worries.

We never have focused on a single game or games just the pub mentality and hope to have

like minded fellows to talk with when desired.

Some off the wall game will pop up sooner than later and if not well there is still old games just getting

us all back on them is the hard part.. now where the heck did my cod4 cd go?

my 2 cents, some have been hinting in bringing back the tac dom/crouch Friday in COD 4 and want me to host since my internet is rocket fast..... could be a thing to do,

the other Arma 3/ DAYZ just give me a shout and I'll be in for a game or 2-3-4-5-.... Tanks is ok but just like you I yearn for the old days.....

There are some playing Ghost recon again (there is a thread on Facebook with some old gits like me.....

You could always try Takedown Red Sabre if you're yearning for some 'Old Skool' tactical play in the vein of OGR..............

Fuck me I nearly managed to hit 'Post' before pissing myself laughing then..............

Seriously though, I feel your pain. I think your in the same boat as me tbh, you're burnt out on the old classics like OGR and R6 etc but nothing since compares so we're in a kinda limbo.

I find myself sitting in front of my PC most nights staring at a huge list of games on Steam or my Game drives but just can't summon up the enthusiasm to start any of em.

I find myself sitting in front of my PC most nights staring at a huge list of games on Steam or my Game drives but just can't summon up the enthusiasm to start any of em.

That is exactly my problem. I've lost count of the times I've spent 5-10 minutes in a game and just given up.

I just reinstalled ARMA2 have all the ACE mod parts sorted (it was years ago they were last updated) I have promised myself some time in the editor when I have a few missions revamped I will post up the info. I am aiming for 8 man missions playable with a minimum of 4. I would love to have you on board mate.

I still have my COD4 CD if that's what we are playing at Christmas and I wouldn't mind a bit of Silent Hunter 4 coop.

sounds like a familiar story, thankfully i'm enjoying space engineers at the moment, missing a decent fps though. don't even fancy getting that new borderlands game because i reckon it would be too similar to the last which i played to death.

2 games i was looking at are OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead and Rainbow Six Seige , however the latter is a ubisoft game so that's putting me off already.

Fuck me I nearly managed to hit 'Post' before pissing myself laughing then.............

:D