Spartans Home

finally upgraded from 2GB ram, plus a few other bits.

PANiC

so finally gave up a few quid of my hard earned cash for an upgrade, i dunno maybe this is 5 years since the last haha :)

still deciding on the gfx card, green or red not too fussed, 780, or 280x/290, surely the next gen is comming soon? will slot in my 7850 for the time being.

seriously awesome case if you want a window and tidy internals, Corsair 540 Air:

mDHZTXB.jpg

Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5

i5 4670K, soon to be tortured :)

250 & 500GB Sammy Evos

EVGA 850W (overkill but on offer) 10 years warranty! :)

Corsair H105 (thicker rad than h100i)

16GB 2400MHz for some nice 'clocking

still deciding on storage options, feature of the case is that the 2 bays at the bottom are the only place for 3.5", and i currently have 15 x 3.5" drives :D time to sort out i think.

Edited by PANiC

Man that's a tiny case. I'd never fit my 10+ random assortments of SSDs and HDDs in a case like that.

Good equipment you are putting in there, though I'd have personally sprung for an i7 over an i5 (not that it really matters for gaming, especially if you are overclocking the i5).

I'm also looking at upgrading my video card soon but I think I'm going to wait for the GTX 880 to come out or whatever the next gen card is.

Looks good though :thumbsup:

Edit: I didn't realize this was a cube case. I was about to ask you where the hell the PSU and optical bays were. :P

hehe :) should have took a pic from the front as well :D

was sooo close to getting the i7, i think it was £70-£80 more. for the gains right now i didn't think it was worth it. when games catch up and there is some performance gains then it will be worth the upgrade :D now my gfx card will be the bottleneck, so that's next on the list.

295 x2 an option for you?? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=701&catid=56&subid=1515 :D :D

Edited by PANiC

Nice, Wacth the power consumption. I don't really care for gigabite boards, I bought one once and all the ram setting area was blocked out, sent that one back in a hurry. Haven't tried one sence, they were not really known for overclocking in the past, only took one try to not buy them again. I called there tec support and talked to the guy and he said there was no way to set the ram settings on that model board I bought, I told him that they should have put Warning lable on the box-- lame board

! so no one would mistake it for a good board and not buy it buy mistake like I did. then I went to MSI for awile and then to asus. This ASrock board I have now really works great, not one hicth.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Panic, but......but......where is the plastidip action!?

Looking like a great build there and I will be dead jealous no doubt when you post the awesome overclock success. I have had to ramp mine down so much to get stability recently that I may go back to a pentium II at this rate. Good luck with the software side today and looking forward to seeing you online later.

:bowing:

Nice, Wacth the power consumption. I don't really care for gigabite boards, I bought one once and all the ram setting area was blocked out, sent that one back in a hurry. Haven't tried one sence, they were not really known for overclocking in the past, only took one try to not buy them again. I called there tec support and talked to the guy and he said there was no way to set the ram settings on that model board I bought, I told him that they should have put Warning lable on the box-- lame board

! so no one would mistake it for a good board and not buy it buy mistake like I did. then I went to MSI for awile and then to asus. This ASrock board I have now really works great, not one hicth.

so you bought a limited feature board after not doing any research - **the chipset is a big clue!!** , don't realise you made stupid mistake and blamed the manufacturer? brilliant.

watch power comsumption... what?

actually have a can of orange in the basket! still deciding

Looking like a great build there and I will be dead jealous no doubt when you post the awesome overclock success. I have had to ramp mine down so much to get stability recently that I may go back to a pentium II at this rate. Good luck with the software side today and looking forward to seeing you online later.

:bowing:

Probably better you did to be honest, I've already had to RMA two RAM sticks that died on me since I built my machine, which I'm starting to think is because I'm overclocked to 5GHz (though the sticks are OCed to their specced speeds so maybe it was just bad luck--I do have 32GB (8x4GB) of RAM so failure rates may be skewed because of it).

have seen both of the gigabyte premium motherboards drop in price recently (sniper 5 and the OC force), the sniper dropped in price first and i snapped it up, then the oc force dropped the week later... wish i had that one instead (mainly because it's orange rather than green haha :D ). they are both roughtly £100 cheaper than they were last month. guess the manufacturers are almost ready for the next intel chipset and cpus (z97, devils canyon)

/edit: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-z97-motherboard-details,26627.html

Edited by PANiC

• 6 months later...

caved in and added a new card finally, will be watching what AMD come up with in the new year. hopefully an advance in performance rather than more efficiency stuff.

MWJHFrx.jpg

Edited by PANiC

Well back then, in the days of SD ram they diden't do all the happy spec giving on the box like they do now. I was stupid to think that Gigabite was good gameing board. And they are kind of mid- hafe way kind of performance board. Not top of the line. why do you think the prices dropped so much. Just like intell was second best back then. You live and learn what's good and stay with it.

A lot of you self proclaimed computer pros, probley don't know about 1st tear and 2nd tear mfgering process.

that explains a lot, and why we have had many failures in the past due to sub standard componets and cheaply made boards being passed off as top quality from 2nd tear mfgers like off brand names or knock offs like--

zotac

powercolor

sappire

evga

elite group

fox con

biostar

Sennheiser

All I have to say is good luck, and may the force be with you.

Clocking up will loose that loaf of bread for the month LOL!

Well back then, in the days of SD ram they diden't do all the happy spec giving on the box like they do now. I was stupid to think that Gigabite was good gameing board. And they are kind of mid- hafe way kind of performance board. Not top of the line. why do you think the prices dropped so much. Just like intell was second best back then. You live and learn what's good and stay with it.

A lot of you self proclaimed computer pros, probley don't know about 1st tear and 2nd tear mfgering process.

that explains a lot, and why we have had many failures in the past due to sub standard componets and cheaply made boards being passed off as top quality from 2nd tear mfgers like off brand names or knock offs like--

zotac

powercolor

sappire

evga

elite group

fox con

biostar

Sennheiser

All I have to say is good luck, and may the force be with you.

Clocking up will loose that loaf of bread for the month LOL!

synonSr.png?

prices drop down due to a new tech being released e.g. new chipset - that's how business works.

think you just pulled out a random list of company names rather than actually finding out about them, you know foxconn make asus equipment right? you might have heard of some of their other customers Acer, Apple, BB, Cisco, Dell, HP, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, look up the rest yourself but not bad for a knock-off manufacturer :D

if things were bad in the past, what is the problem now? things move on, stay current, buy intel cpus because they are the choice of clocking experts, try a zotac card because it's the only card manufacturer to offer a 5 year warranty, or a gigabyte board because their customer service is great, order Sennheiser cans because they are the choice of many audiophiles! how about Sapphire because they are the only manufacturer in the world to offer 8GB RAM on a 290 series gfx card? don't stay with the dinosaurs, the world moved on.

fyi the RAM everyone here is using still is SD RAM. think you should stick to cars and guns because you know your shit about those. i'm not a self proclaimed computer pro, it's part of my job to know some of this stuff.

They had to evolve or go out of bissness, probley from pist off consumer law sutes. From the absolute CRAP they made in the past. All they want to do is get our money and run. Once a bad product has left a bad taste in the mouth of the consumer, then its over for that product. Here in the U.S. we have consumer advocates that protect us from that absolute crap that is mfgerd. That's known as CHEAP C***K products.

There had been many law sutes against shotty companys, like SONY got their asses sured off for making shit camras and camcorders from 2000-2006 They had to replace every piece of crap they made in that time frame. I was one of the few that launched that class action law sute.

They had to increase the warrantys because the U.S will kick there asses out of our country for good= trade sanctions.

Go ahead and buy that crap that has lead paint on it and cynide in the capactiors, and pc boards treated with arsenic.

Becouse china and the outhers don't give a crap about us or you for that matter, they don't care. all they want is our money.

The FEDERAL Fair trade commission has set forth Trade restrictions on them to meet standards of the industry=ISO

So that means if you want to sell that CRAP in the U.S. then they have to meet set standards, and from all the consumer complaints in the past as in= increased warranty, replacments, and returns, refunds.

Just because they put lip stick on a wart hog doesn't mean its a beauty queen.

For a lot of those companys its a little to late, except for the young and dumb "punk ass" consumers that don't know any better.

Don't know how its done in Europe, but that's how its done here in the U.S.

We help protect the rest of the world from the yellow menice. and the axis of evil.

Good luck with it.

P.S P.T. barmen of Barnem and Baily circus once said, There's a fool born every second.

The yellow menace as you call them finance the good old USA to the tune of about 15% (as of 2013 - Japan and China).

The most disappointing graphics card I have ever had was the XFX 5790 black edition. Constant over heating due to its crap design.

Your regulators also protect you and the world from shoddy American products most recently GM.

Oh and I hope you are not calling anyone here a Punk Ass.

In any case this is all off topic, Congrats on your upgrade Mr P.