Spartans Home

Ghost Recon Phantoms Launching in April

Rocky

Ghost Recon Online comes out of beta in April and is relaunched as Ghost Recon Phantoms.

Some of you Spartans have seen it already, very slick, very team based and tactical, and free.

I'm launching a new fan site specifically for GRP at http://ghostreconphantoms.net/ which includes a section for clans to advertise/recruit.

I threw up and example of how the clan pages will be laid out with a fictional clan at http://ghostreconphantoms.net/clan-azzazinz/

If you guys would like a page up there just send me the info (perhaps some member bios, vague member locations (ie "Texas USA" is fine), and any images you'd like in the slider.

The site is not public yet so your clan page there would get great traffic once the site opens.

Hope that's of interest to you, lemme know!

This is a game thats fun at the start, then becomes very quickly a hair polling out experience. After level 5, the game pretty much says "Good luck from here on out. Heres a level 30 with tank armor that makes your gun a BB gun while he's shooting nuclear bombs at you"

nice new site Rocky, good luck with it!

if you log in do you get to see more clan info - member list for example? is there an API for GROL (or one incomming?) so you could add stats and play info direct from ubi?

there was some interest around here for GROL, personally my PC really struggled so couldn't really play. think i've got an upgrade on the way, that and with it matching up with steam means i'll definately give it another shot.

I'm really enjoying it, the beginner server is up to Lvl 8, so I've taken assault to lvl 7, now working sniper recon up to 7 so i can get the benefit of beginner servers before moving up.

Can't wait to hook up on TS to co-ordinate attacks etc, got weedrew jnr interested, I'll see some of you hopefully on TS soon.

nice new site Rocky, good luck with it!

if you log in do you get to see more clan info - member list for example? is there an API for GROL (or one incomming?) so you could add stats and play info direct from ubi?

there was some interest around here for GROL, personally my PC really struggled so couldn't really play. think i've got an upgrade on the way, that and with it matching up with steam means i'll definately give it another shot.

Thanks, I am changing the clan idea, the clan page now is a list of ghost recon phantom clan details, in the future i'll add a "premium" type listing that will give clans a top listing with an additional page of info.

Good Q about an API, I'll find out.,

I didnt think the game was that demanding on a PC, how was yours struggling? I've only 2Gb of RAM and it runs smooth.

Edited by Rocky

I didnt think the game was that demanding on a PC, how was yours struggling? I've only 2Gb of RAM and it runs smooth.

it's the only game ive tried that had an unplayable framerate, i must have been missing something, hadn't updated drivers for a long time who knows.

i like the clan listing btw, although the list might get quite long! (hopefully). think you could sort by column? number of members, country, languages?

Yeh I'm aware I might have to revisit the design depending on how popular it gets, or not.

I can paginate the listing and also introduce sorting by column, I'll see how it goes though.

Right now, I'm heading into game to get my sniper up to LVL7.

Haven't figured out how to join a server with mates yet though...

• 3 weeks later...