Spartans Home

On Bended Knee - Help! (please ;)

Xross

Sorry it's been an age since I've been able to do anything remotely resembling gaming but the RW tends to do that to ya.

Short version ..

My 'kid' brother somehow got caught up in the MS Solution Center quagmire and now every time he fires up his modest Win7 Home Premium rig a nuisance window pops up regarding the SolutionCenter stating the following:

=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'SolutionCenter.msi in the box below.

Use Source:

C:\Users\Brother\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS2A2F\solutioncenter.msi

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The file (solutioncenter,msi) is not on his rig .. anywhere.

I've tried to find a remedy but have come up empty.

Might anyone here know how to stop this annoying window from popping up on every warm/cold start up?

Any insight into this nuisance is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Xross

edit: Late night typos

Edited by Xross

Hi bud, hope you are well.

Have you tried running msconfig.exe to stop it from being called in the first place.

Just type msconfig.exe in the search box from the start button.

Look through the SERVICES or STARTUP tabs, when you find it untick (disable) that file and then restart, it should then not pop up anymore.

If this isnt clear catch me on TS.

Thank You Zeno!

My brother lives quite a distance from me so we've been trying to sort this out by telephone. I'm sure you can imagine how well that's going.

Very much appreciate your insight and will try (again) to sort out kid brother's computer woes. I've already sent out the memo that I am not personally responsible for the computers of everyone I know but surprisingly few have read it apparently .. lol .. ugh

All my best old friend and thanks again for the tip.

Cheers,

X

Sounds to me he tried to resolve a problem on solution center and quit before it was done causeing the link to it. Do Zenos fix or just go back to the solution center and finish it. And it a msi fix. Or install C-Cleaner and fix it as well.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~