Spartans Home

iPhone help

Krambo

Ok, so I delete an app from iTunes and off my phone,

but when an update is available for that app it appears back on my phone again wanting me to update it?

even though as stated it isn't on my device or on iTunes.

Anyone help?.

Yes I have googled it and couldn't find an answer.

Yes i have restarted iTunes and rebooted my device.

Yes its a pain in the arse

cheers dickhead

:hysterical:

applause-o.gif

Just got my gold 5s w/matching headphones to replace my 4s in the other day... LOVE it.

Come at me android fanboys :gun:, you're rocking a STOLEN os paid for in billions of dollars in nickels, lol google that shit.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. What Daisan said about multiple devices/automatic downloads is true, if I add/remove a device I usually collect them all up check settings and sync.

Out of curiosity, did you delete the app on your CPU before deleting it on your phone?

:hysterical:

applause-o.gif

Just got my gold 5s w/matching headphones to replace my 4s in the other day... LOVE it.

Come at me android fanboys :gun:, you're rocking a STOLEN os paid for in billions of dollars in nickels, lol google that shit

You say that like I could give a shit. I wouldn't care if it was paid for with the tears of angels, it's a phone that works and that I don't have to pay for the privilege to own.

For me that's the iPhone's biggest problem in the UK, you have to pay a fee on top of your tariff to get one, don't do that with an android.

I've had 2 iPhone's as work phones and they've both had small issues, I'm on my third android and they've been trouble free.

Who knows, if iPhone's lose the fee and the 'look at me I'm an iTwat' image, I might try one when my contracts up........

My wife has an iPhone 5. Lots of problems. I just bought a samsung galaxy note 3. Works a treat. Get a new phone my dear.

I got one too... dam nice...

==============

Does the app reappear in the itunes store? (did you check)

OK your not the only one with updates after deletion.

TRY:

Connecting your phone to the computer ,start itunes store, select library !!! top right of store/

delete from itunes store & then delete from iphone while connected to computer.

Restart phone.

sync iphone.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1977

Never heard of this issue before Krambo. Can we start at the beginning......

1. Is your iPhone jailbroken?

2.. Are you using one iTunes installation? IE Not multiple computers, or dual boots?

3. Is it running the latest ios7?

4. Do you have Cloud sync on?

5. What is the app?

The whole point of iOS's closed garden approach is to stop things like this happening, so you have me intruiged now...

I did some reading.

Edited by Rocky

I did some reading try this,

Delete the app on your phone, then go to the App store on your phone and download and install it again. This is in-case there is a botched partial download held in temp. files.

Now delete the app again.

Didn't work?

Do the same thing but on iTunes on your PC, download it again, install it, sync it. Then finally delete it again.

Sometimes you have to do this with windows programmes to, to get a proper uninstall.

Edited by Rocky

Cheers Rocky, i'll check this later when i get back to my machine.

FYI..

Not jailbroken

One iTunes install

Yes latest iOS
Yes cloud sync is on

There are multiple apps, any i have deleted pretty much

Office Jerk, The chase, Skype, Words4free

I thought it was ones I had just paid for, which i could kinda understand, but its free ones aswell.

Most annoying

Edited by Krambo