Spartans Home

Found a nice case

Athlon64~SPARTA~

Then had to remove the plastic blocks from the mobo that would hold on the heatsink and fan if i was going to use that, and figure out the pump mount block assembly
HPIM1499_zpsd00ac711.jpg
then install that over top of the cpu, takeing care not to push the backing plate out of the mobo wile trying to hold it and thread the screws all at the same time, useing tape to keep the backing plate in place untill threaded, tightening using a cross pattern until tight.
\HPIM1502_zpscbf8d6c7.jpg Then installed the Corsair vengance pro 2133

HPIM1503_zpsc79f47a7.jpg

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Then it was time to install the vid card, sorry a little fuzzy
HPIM1505_zpsbadd8de5.jpg
Then after a few hours of reading the manuals and looking at everything, hooked up all the rest if the B.S, stuff in the case, even with cable management still messy, got all the rest of it hooked up, and then it was hold the breath time after hooking up a monitor and the rest of the phearicals and CLICK ON time, And what did appear in the monitor
HPIM1509_zps74cc2b91.jpg
Then after loading windows and all the drivers, it was cable neaten up time, then montiored the water cooling system and installed that 200mm fan on the side plate and put that on
HPIM1511_zps235c86e2.jpg
\HPIM1512_zps3251bcaa.jpg
\ And finished, time to carry it in and hook it all up.

Water cooling temp went down 2 degrees when the 200mm fan came on. All i have to say is what a monster, boots win7 in 8 seconds, its tanting me to give it something to try and stress it, i don't think much will. Nice figgen machine is all i have to say.

Ran crysis 3 at full and cpu temps never got over 107 degrees, NICE!!

The vid card fans throttled up some and the automatic fans on the radatior speeded up some, but its alot quieter then my old machine, now if i can get used to this friggen windows 7. SANTA WAS GOOD TO ME THIS YEAR!!!

I would say this machine is faster than intelligent has to offer ,5.4 gig 8 cores, FAST, powerfull, sleek!

Looks good.

107 degrees seems a tad high though. I try to keep mine at below 80 even at full load. Won't necessarily hurt anything (depends on the card) but I try not to break triple digits when it comes to temps. I'd suggest configuring your fan speeds so they kick in at a lower temperature and keep the card cooler.

Glad to hear everything is working for ya though.

On an unrelated note:

One day I want to get a case with built-in docking capabilities for hard-drives/ssds. I'm tired of having to manually connect/disconnect SATA data and power cables when swapping drives.

Is the 107 in Fahrenheit or Celsius? If it's Celsius, I'd agree with MH6 and Custard. If its Fahrenheit, that's pretty dang good. Doing light work (web browsing, etc) I sit around 36C (96F).

The build looks great, though. Wish I had gone for a modular power supply. The coiled "left overs" in my case drive my crazy.

- Hunter

Im sorry i think you guys are talking about vid card temps i was talking about c p u coolant temp in fahrenheit. wile running crysis 3 on high, don't know what the vid card was doing i will check it tho, But I think the 200mm fan will keep it happy being it has twin heat pipe coolers on it, I don't think heat will be a problem.

After initial burn in. the air coming out of the case is cool after a hour on crisis 3

Ya, i hate the older p/s with all the cables in the way, Well i coulden't afford this thing for xmas eather if i dident start a xmass fund right after xmass last year, i dident have crap for xmass last year, so i set aside some money every week and dident touch it untill xmass this year, and had enough for this thing, dam glad i did, or it would be the same this year as well.

And my wife got what she wanted as well, all happy this year!

Start a xmass fund right now and next xmass you will have what you want, it works!!