Spartans Home

Found a nice case

Athlon64~SPARTA~

Looking for a water cooled case for my new build, and found this one, really nice, has hhd hot swap on the top, and real nice cable mangment system, and does the water cooled system as well, and big fans to keep the vid card happy as well. I don't like the usbs and swiches on the top, i like them on the bottom And NO im not building a intell machine.

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002108

pic3_zps35f6a863.jpg

pic2_zpse4d9078a.jpg

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Yes, and its time to build one, Oh the floppy has bios or fermware for the router on it, if i remember, I still like floppys, but flash drives that i have are easyer.

Going with the AMD 9590 5GIG 8 core cpu water cooled version.

Eather Corsair, or Gskill Rippsaw 2133mhz ram

240 gig ssd hhd and if i get that case above, ile use my old hhds for hot swap on top, and forget about the floppys.

And was going with the ASUS crosshair formula 5 board but the supported ram lists is real small, so desided to go with

ASrock FX990 entream9 board. it will run allmost any ram, and dam near the lay out same board.

And there will be no bios settings on automatic.

That Thermaltake case resembles mine, a Xigmatek Elysium. Best case I've ever owned, but it's massive (it's technically made to fit a dual-CPU mobo). It has (optional) rollers on the bottom to help with sliding it around.

I have a 360mm radiator attached to the inside of the upper grille with 6 fans in push/pull. It also has a top HDD swap bay and USB 3.0 jacks. Great case, especially for water cooling (more than enough space for anything you could want). I could definitely fit a few more radiators on the inside if I ever actually needed them.

jWZXZkk.jpg

They have different versions with either black/aluminum trim and with/without the side window.

Here's a close up of the HDD dock.

4iTEEnO.jpg

P.S. - You still running Vista? Man you need to get Win7 at least :P

Nice case, ya still vista, you know i like vista better then 7. I had a tryal version of 7 pro on hot swap, and like vista better, but got that limmit of ram on vista thing, Ya im going 64 bitt 7

Ordered FX9590 8 core 5 gig oc to 5.4 gig stable with water cooling kitt, be in next week

free-ground-shipping-amd-fx-9590-vishera

And Mobo ASrock FX 990 extream9 one of 3 to support 9590, duel layer mosfets, and gold caps and quad sli

990FX20Extreme9m_zps89a5e355.jpg

Now to choose ram and hhd.

Allrighty then, got ram on order, Corsair Vengance pro start with 16 gig 2133 mhz way faster then 1600, or 1333 mhz

3_thumb_zps1ef43a6a.jpg

And ordered a SSD HDD Seagate 600 series sata3 240 gig one of the 3 fastest, but relyiable.

600-SSD-external-2_5-ma1_zps93493d87.jpg

I think this will work, might be REAL FAST machine, faster then intelligent

hey Athlon rumor has it that DDR4 ram is coming soon IDK when, but it might lower DDR3 prices a few dollars and thats a very sweet case and MOBO http://www.crucial.com/promo/DDR4.aspx

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

Well i figured ide go ahead and deplete the xmas fund, due to got enough tools, got enough guns ,and ect. and up the vid card as well to, keep in mind Im not a million air so ordered this one ASUS GTX 760 oc

511hC99KlWL__SY355__zps66ae53f9.jpg

I can reuse my power supply im running now, so that should just about do it.

Wacthed the review on the Thermaltake chaser 31, 71 case, and good thing i did, due to when installing the raidatior in the top, it over hangs the mobo preventing the use of high performance ram haveing the raised cooling fins, so that case is out., i have a Rosewill case that a friend gave me that is brand new and setup for water cooling, but it has the same problem, raidatior over hangs the mobo.

So looking at the case, i can get out the copeing saw and cutt the top of the case open and install the raidatior on the top, outside of the case, leaving room for corsair vengance pro ram cooling fins. and not restricting the room in the case. You would think with all the engineering now days they would build a case that would work with what one would want to do with a pc. but NO! Your still forced to comform to what they think is what you need. Or buy a $300-600 case to get what you want or to do what you want to do with it.

Who in the hell wants to run that many hard drives in a case anyway? Dang, 5 will do at the most anyway.

They forget Athlon can weld and cut with percision.

Wacthed the review on the Thermaltake chaser 31, 71 case, and good thing i did, due to when installing the raidatior in the top, it over hangs the mobo preventing the use of high performance ram haveing the raised cooling fins, so that case is out., i have a Rosewill case that a friend gave me that is brand new and setup for water cooling, but it has the same problem, raidatior over hangs the mobo.

So looking at the case, i can get out the copeing saw and cutt the top of the case open and install the raidatior on the top, outside of the case, leaving room for corsair vengance pro ram cooling fins. and not restricting the room in the case. You would think with all the engineering now days they would build a case that would work with what one would want to do with a pc. but NO! Your still forced to comform to what they think is what you need. Or buy a $300-600 case to get what you want or to do what you want to do with it.

They forget Athlon can weld and cut with percision.

The Xigmatek is going for $165 on Newegg right now (though it's the black model, not the silver one) which is only $25 more than the Thermaltake: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815011

That one can definitely accommodate an interior top-mounted radiator. And if you only put 3 fans on it, it doesn't even come past the edge of the motherboard. Though if you use 6 fans (3 on top 3 on bottom of the radiator) the bottom rear fan may get in the way of one specific cable as it overhangs the motherboard just a tad.

I thought about cutting a notch in the fan housing to fix it but instead decided to just leave that one fan off and use 5 fans. But that's a problem specific to my motherboard I think, most of them don't have that particular cable on the very top of the mobo. It has plenty of room for whatever RAM I wanted to use though, included those with large heatsinks. I'm using Corsair Vengeance RAM which has a small heatsink on it. There's a good 3/4's inch of space between the edge of the RAM and the bottom fan on the radiator.

corsair_vengeance.jpg

Just giving you a heads up. Otherwise, good luck with your modifications on the Thermaltake. Personally though, if I drop $140 on a case, I wouldn't want to have to modify it to make it work.

Im not going to get the Thermaltake case at all. Im not going to mod a new case that i pay 130 for. I am going to mod the Rosewill one i got for free, The one i really like is the LIAN-LI 77 full case. Has a pull out mobo trey and removible HHD racks with fan on each one.

Went to Tiger Direct yesterday and saw most of the ones online in person. Nice cases but some of them are huge.

Ile mod the rosewill case. Picked up a 200mm fan wile i was there, wow big fan.

Im not going to get the Thermaltake case at all. Im not going to mod a new case that i pay 130 for. I am going to mod the Rosewill one i got for free, The one i really like is the LIAN-LI 77 full case. Has a pull out mobo trey and removible HHD racks with fan on each one.

Went to Tiger Direct yesterday and saw most of the ones online in person. Nice cases but some of them are huge.

Ile mod the rosewill case. Picked up a 200mm fan wile i was there, wow big fan.

Ah ok gotcha. I misunderstood. Yeah I wouldn't want to take a dremel or saw to a brand new $130 case either.

Ya, not a problem, what i will do is, trace out on the top, 2 120mm fan cut outs, then, cutt them out just like the case came with those holes mfgered in it. useing the raidatior and fan assembley as a guide, Retaining the screw hole bosses for mounting the unit on the top haveing the fans sucking outwards i gess. It has provisions for 2 120mm fans on the side, and i might put 1 200mm instead of the 120s

• 2 weeks later...

Allrighty then, all the parts showed up at the front door, i got the ultra 925 case, it has all the goodies, cable management and all the good stuff, And picked up a ultra 1050 watt gold certifiyed p/s to be sure the cpu has what it wants with no power droops. pics to follow after santa arrives.

Got in contact with corsair and going to have them send me the correct bios settings for the vengance pro ram in bios, the settings listed in bios are confuseing now days, they just don't say the same thing anymore, you know, cas, ras, t1 or t2 and so on. so i will have them unconfuse it for me and clock this thing up to where its suppost to run at.

This mobo has a new form of bios settings in it, it has enabled mouse controll wile in bios , and much nicer interface. UEFI fast boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQZ7GsQU2rM&feature=youtu.be

Ok started with the bare case

HPIM1479_zps6186bdb3.jpg

Then installed the SSD in a pull out trey, the treys have provisions for mounting a 80mm fan on each trey, and has 120mm fan blowing across the hhd rack as well, but don't need that for ssd

HPIM1480_zps8525b9a2.jpg

Then got the P/S out, it came with a rubber viberation insulatior that fitts to the case, and sitts on rubber pads in the case

HPIM1481_zps3a9f9f3d.jpg

Then installed P/S in the caseHPIM1482_zps1f01b634.jpg
Then Got out the Mobo box
HPIM1484_zpsaba753ba.jpgThen installed the MoBo in the case, this board costs less then the asus, and has more features, runs any kind of ram, and boots way faster then a asus. and as stable as a ROCK!!

HPIM1487_zps323309b5.jpg