Spartans Home

Headset question

Punisher~SPARTA~

For surround sound headset usb are not as good as one that plugs directlly into a sound card. A lot of guys don't like mics and headphones that are usb but others swear by cheap stereo sets. Your choice really bro. Personally I would stay away from usb.

I only use a £4 headset and its not USB, I dont like USB either, I plug my headset in 2 a microsoft game puck so I can switch between headset/stereo output. Works great as you can tell from my non 2 shabby scores :)

Thanks again 2 Samurai 4 the gamepuck. It's been so useful!

I picked up the Fatality (I refuse to spell his name with a 1 in it) ones. I tend to break things, and these are rock solid -- the reason I chose them over some ofthe more expensive ones. Good sound, too, and a very long cord.

After years of operating boats and shooting a lot, they meet my fidelity needs.

Ok, ive decided to go with either of these, this or this, but i can't see myself forking out an extra 30 dollars for the more expensive ones.

I just have one last question. I've decided to throw common sense to the wayside and break the bank for a sound card, as my onboard sound just doesnt cut it in GRAW2. Im either going to get an XtremeMusic or an XtremeGamer, both from Creative. The only thing is, when looking at the comparisons between them, I completely confused myself. Some people said the Music, others said the Gamer. I ony intend on using this for gaming and maybe the odd movie. So if anyone knows anything on this subject, help is much appreciated.

Ok, ive decided to go with either of these, this or this, but i can't see myself forking out an extra 30 dollars for the more expensive ones.

I just have one last question. I've decided to throw common sense to the wayside and break the bank for a sound card, as my onboard sound just doesnt cut it in GRAW2. Im either going to get an XtremeMusic or an XtremeGamer, both from Creative. The only thing is, when looking at the comparisons between them, I completely confused myself. Some people said the Music, others said the Gamer. I ony intend on using this for gaming and maybe the odd movie. So if anyone knows anything on this subject, help is much appreciated.

Check to see if the only real difference is in the bundled software. I didn't look, but knowing marketing people....

I have purchased the Barracude HP-1 found at http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_pa...;products_id=38

it connects to my SoundBlaster Xfi Xtreme Gamer card and works quite well with all games I've played: GRAW, GRAW2, BF2, AA, Crysis Beta

It has three 3.5mm jacks and a USB for power only. It has separate audio drivers for front, rear, center and subwoofer, and it has a microphone that stays out of the way. The quality is very impressive. I can now hear Kram think bad thoughts even before he says them.

I like to play it loudly, so I hear you coming usually before you are in view. If you wonder how my score has gone up in recent months, it's SLI cards and these headphones. My next decision is to go with the AC-1 card that is made for the headset. I'm just waiting to find out if it really makes a difference.

Pro